• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How about moving the drawing to Photoshop?

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we all know that we can get our files from Photoshop to Fresco, how about moving the artwork back to Photoshop from Fresco? Back to Ps_Fresco-Community-backtoPsd.png

It is as simple as it sounds. Check out how: 

1. Tap on the share icon on the title bar 

Back to Ps_Fresco-Community-export.png

2. Tap on Publish & Export. 

Back to Ps_Fresco-Community-Publish.png 

3. Tap on Export As and then select PSD as the output format. 

Back to Ps_Fresco-Community-Format.png

4. Tap on the Export button. 

5. Choose a location to save the PSD and then tap on Add. 

You can also refer to the help document here: https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/using/fresco-and-photoshop.html to know more about the workflow between Fresco and Photoshop. 

Artwork by Parichay, designer at AdobeArtwork by Parichay, designer at Adobe

Let us know if you’re facing difficulties in sharing your work in any format. We’re here to help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe fresco is amazing!

I just finisheed a full story for kids

Easy entegration with photoshop, moving to cc librarry, puplishing from indesign!

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 3.50.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-22 at 3.50.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-22 at 3.50.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you publish print books? If so, please share your CMYK conversion workflow as I'm seeing different suggested ones and am painting my illlustrations right now. My printer doesn't convert so I will, since Adobe unfortunately chose to omit CMYK options from Fresco. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I researched and answered my above question, and share here in case it helps someone else. 

The most efficient workflow from Fresco to InD for CMYK output:

1. Create illustration in Fresco.

2. Export as Psd file.

3. Place in InD file. (No need to first open in Ps.)

4. The Psd file will still be in the RGB color so if you need it in CMYK to send to Printer for print production, export the InD as PDF/X1a:2001 or PDF/X3:2002, as follows:

5. Select FILE > Export or FILE > Adobe PDF Preset

6. Select a location to save your PDF; save.

7. In Export window that appears, click Adobe PDF Preset drop down, then click either Press Quality or PDF/X1a:2001. That will ensure any RGB colors in InD file are converted to CMYK, including Fresco art exported and placed directly as Psd files. Do not modify any of the default settings. The exported pdf will have CMYK settings. Send that to the printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines