• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pressure not working at all for vector brushes in Windows

Advocate ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Self explanatory subject. Vector brushes only. Pressure dynamics set to 100%. When I test stylus pressure there is no change of pen width

TOPICS
Performance , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @dv8kiwi,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind trying to update the OS(https://adobe.ly/3Sxbe0p) and Fresco(https://adobe.ly/4btdY6H) to the latest version and checking if it helps?

Also, check if all of your work is synced online (https://adobe.ly/3HITlp3). If yes, please try resetting Fresco (https://adobe.ly/48OYhVn...) and share your observations.

If the issue persists, kindly share more details, like the exact version of the OS/Fresco installed, your computer system configuration details (including computer/tablet/pen make and model), and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/3Ugl4VK), so we can investigate this further? 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anubhav,

I don't think there is anything more to be gained from a screen recording than here in a screenshot. The line drawn goes from max pressure in the bottom left to minimum top right. On the artboard and in the test window. The brush is the basic 8.0 px round with only pressure dymnamics enabled. Pressure works perfectly on Pixel and Live Brushes.

Windows is 23H2 22631.3007

Fresco is 5.01

The tablet is Huion Kamvas 22 GS2202, firmware ver M19t_200716

dv8kiwi_0-1706557027525.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @dv8kiwi,

Thank you for providing additional details. I understand the frustration this issue is causing. Let's try a different approach to troubleshooting.

• In the brush settings, change the "Taper Mode" to "Velocity" and check if it makes a difference in responsiveness to pen pressure.

• Ensure that you have the latest driver for your Huion Kamvas 22 GS2202 tablet. Visit the official Huion website to download and install the latest driver compatible with your operating system.

• If possible, test your tablet and stylus pressure in other creative applications to verify if the issue is specific to Adobe Fresco.

• Double-check if Windows Ink is enabled on your device. Sometimes, disabling or enabling Windows Ink can impact pressure sensitivity.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, please let me know. Additionally, you may share any updates or further observations related to this problem. Your cooperation is appreciated, and I'm here to assist you further.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anshul

- when "Velocity" is enabled it tapers with velocity only, not pressure

- current driver is installed

- as said the stylus pressure works fine in pixel brushes in Fresco. It works perfectly everywhere else as would be expected.

- Windows ink continues to be enabled in order for stylus pressure to work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK now suddenly pressure sensitivity has stopped working with Fresco pixel brushes as well, and with ALL versions of Photoshop! (I have older versions installed) However it works fine in Illustrator, and in all other painting and photo apps (Affinity, Krita, Corel Painter, and in handwriting apps). Windows Ink is enabled. I have restarted several times, including with Windows Ink on and off in the tablet driver. Huion Driver is up to date. Now this is clearly an Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now remarkably Fresco has suddenly started working again, INCLUDING Vector Brushes. However Photoshop remains broken now. After working absolutely fine until 2 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update, @dv8kiwi, and I appreciate your patience in troubleshooting this issue. It's a bit perplexing that the pressure sensitivity is behaving inconsistently across Adobe Fresco and Photoshop.

Given the varying behavior, I recommend posting the issue on the Photoshop community board for further assistance specific to Photoshop. Additionally, reaching out to our Technical Support can provide a more in-depth investigation into the inconsistent behavior across different Adobe applications.

For an improved troubleshooting experience, it might be beneficial to schedule a live remote session with our Technical Support, where they can observe and diagnose the issue in real-time.

Also, I would recommend reaching out to Huion support for assistance, as they might have insights into any inconsistent behavior, compatibility issues, or specific configurations that could impact pressure sensitivity.

If you have any further updates or questions, please feel free to share them. We are here to assist you in any way we can.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through exactly the same problem, and I can't find a solution for fresco, 
(The problem was transferred to all my Adobe programs) but in Photoshop
I found a solution by changing some codes in an installation folder with a simple document file. But Fresco is installed in a particular way and I can't find its location anywhere to try to solve the problem
in the same way. I think this problem starts with Windows Ink, but I'm not sure. Didn't you have problems with Fresco again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Mawa.Ilustra,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Are you using a Wacom Tablet? If yes, kindly try the suggestions shared in this help article (https://adobe.ly/4a3o25b) to manually uninstall and reinstall the tablet drivers to see if it helps.

If you're using a Huion tablet, try the steps shared here: (https://adobe.ly/3TOQCSb).

Also, try disabling Windows Ink under the tablet settings and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for the prompt response.

I tried what you indicated and it says on those pages, I have a huion kanvas 13, and the problem persisted
even after removing Windows Ink (I can't use it with that activated because the brush is much worse)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Mawa.Ilustra,

Sorry to hear that the suggestions did not help. Would you mind trying to run Fresco under a different administrator account (Windows) and checking if it helps?

If the problem persists, we may need to troubleshoot this in a live session. Please head here (https://adobe.ly/3INRD6n) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until now I have done many things, from uninstalling and reinstalling, reinstalling older versions, 
and the same with the tablet drivers. Right now I tried what you said, the price appeared again, but some brushes like the basic pencil one
continue to work incorrectly, but it is probably a configuration problem. Thanks for the patience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should I do if this error repeats? Do I open the program as administrator?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, there's still a problem with the sensitivity, it's kind of rough. But at least he reads it. Are there solutions for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Mawa.Ilustra,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind trying to disable Windows Ink from the Huion tablet settings and checking if it helps? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I already did this but it doesn't work either.
I was thinking about waiting to finish my work and uninstall everything Adobe Could and reinstall it.
Is it possible that this solves the problem or is it unrelated to the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @SIN Lapiz,

We're sorry for the trouble. It looks like we need to troubleshoot this in a live session. Please head here (https://adobe.ly/43DxYzC) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your tablet? I've

had issues with Huion tablets in the past where the driver would

just stop working causing this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All apps, tablet settings, everything works except photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines