• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since new update motion layers are not working correctly

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious if anyone else is having this (major) issue or has a solution. I use fresco to create animations, which I then import as psd files into after effects. Until a few days ago, this worked fine, and they came into after effects with motion layers as precomps containing all the frames of the animation as layers. Now the entire motion layer is being imported as a single layer, with all the pixels from the entire animation on top of each other. Same issue when opening the file in photoshop. I'm guessing some new change has caused this - it's really an issue because it breas

TOPICS
Cross-product , Layers , Performance , Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Hi Sjaani, thanks for your reply. The issue I was having didn't relate to export at all - I'm talking about opening the same psd file that is created in Fresco in After effects. You can import a psd into AE and then sequence the layers in there, which allows you to work with multilayered animations and also skip the step of exporting. I did get this issue semi-solved on the phone with customer support - it seems Fresco motion layers now come into photoshop as smart objects containing all the fra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, looks like the last part of my post got cut off. It should read

"it's really an issue because it breaks the ability to use fresco as part of an animation workflow that includes photoshop and after effects."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing you're exporting as mp4. Have you tried exporting as gif or PNG sequence? Do either of these options allow you to then import and use in Ps and Ae. I understand the png sequence is multiple files. But if that allows you to continue with Fresco in your workflow it will allow you to continue until this issues is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sjaani, thanks for your reply. The issue I was having didn't relate to export at all - I'm talking about opening the same psd file that is created in Fresco in After effects. You can import a psd into AE and then sequence the layers in there, which allows you to work with multilayered animations and also skip the step of exporting. I did get this issue semi-solved on the phone with customer support - it seems Fresco motion layers now come into photoshop as smart objects containing all the frames, so you have to open the psdc in photoshop, right click on the motion layer, and then click "convert to layers". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have read over that bit too fast and just looked for alternative ways you could bring it into AE. Glad you got a workaround from customer support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad a workaround was figured out. If you have any more issues, by all means , reach out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi this is a real head ache, the phtoshop part is mega confusing for me whow does not label layers. Did support say that is it now, the update is final and it will always be like this. 

Sometimes I am bringing in 30+ files with motion on them, lots nested inside other folders, the photoshop part is too much for my brain, I have failed twwice now thourgh confusion. I am very dissapaointed they have taken this step as it has badly effected my work flow 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is even worse. Since the update, the multiple animation layers in my animation are merged into one Photoshop layer, and so my frame-by-frame animation is lost. This does not happen on export, but even before: when the fresco file is closed and opened again..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

waaah. This is the reason why I'm here! Did you retreive your file? What did you do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Whattodo888,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Fresco, device make/model, a sample file (https://adobe.ly/3T4HM2k), and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/3Tb6heh), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines