• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The app crashes constantly (fresco)

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app simply doesn't work. EVERY single time I open a document the app crashes and when I do manage to open a canvas it closes after any type of selection. The brushes don't work either and adjusting their settings also triggers the crashes.

TOPICS
Canvas settings , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Hi Als. 

Please write me at frescohelp at adobe dot com and give me as much device information as possible (device, os version, how much storage you have on it). 

Also, when you write me there, if you could attach a screen recording of the crash(es) that would also be really helpful. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Hello @Zealous_outfit6C15@AnnMaria&Co@Ronal Wilfred29448562ce7c@Mael2997180377ri@Ungruntlebot@marke73287947,

Sorry for the delayed response, and thank you for your patience. Our team has recently released a newer version of Fresco 4.7 that may help solve the issues you're experiencing. Could you please try updating to the latest version and let us know if it improves your situation?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reccommend you purchase Rebelle 7. It is far superior to Fresco, and is stable. Well worth the modest cost.

Adobe appears to have no interest in fixing Fresco. This has been a problem for years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windows 11 laptop has Intel iRIS XE Max graphics which causes problems with the most recent releases of Photoshop. I have to make sure my graphics drivers are up-to-date and stay one release behind Photoshop releases.

I am pretty confident that Fresco has issues with some graphics drivers, but Adobe doesn't seem to be interested in keeping Fresco current with drivers like they do with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

honestly starting to think this app is a joke. it doesnt work at all but they still expect you to pay for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg im having like almost the same issue in 2024.  Well, the app will work for a few minutes at a time, but then when I use a LIVE brush too long, or zoom around too much, or just use the app for more then like 5-10 minutes, it crashes!

Sometimes it even crashes my graphics drive! 

I even have the most up to date computer.

Its a lenovo yoga gen 7 laptop im using with amd ryzen 5 and amd radean graphics, 16 gigs of ram, a tb or storage, etc. my laptop is almost as strong as my PC. I feel like it should be able to handle this. Perhaps ill run fresco on my PC and see what happens

Also sometimes it doesnt register my stylus which is weird.

God its so annoying that it crashes constantly 

I keep using it tho cuz i love the software..ill deal with the constant crashes for a little longer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @hailee386947624hbt,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. Would you mind trying to update the OS(https://adobe.ly/4bWGbBQ) and Fresco(https://adobe.ly/3A4symy) to the latest version and checking if it helps? Also, try the following steps and share your observations:

1. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop Application

2. Press Ctrl+Alt+R

3. It will show a dialog to Relaunch

4. Click Continue and wait for 2-3 minutes

5. Launch Fresco

Also, kindly reinstall the GPU drivers (Intel / NVIDIA / AMD) and set the Graphics Preference to High-Performance for Fresco (https://adobe.ly/4bZBuXZ) and check if it helps.

Additionally, check if all of your work is synced online (https://adobe.ly/4c0vNZH). If yes, please try resetting Fresco (https://adobe.ly/4cSqugh...) and share your observations.

If the issue persists, kindly share the logs by following the steps shared in this help article (https://adobe.ly/4c2p3ue) so we can check it with the team.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am only  responding because I got a notice in my email that Anubhav posted a comment. I am happily using Rebelle and gave up on Fresco a few years ago.

But, this piece of information might help someone. I have Lightroom and Photoshop crash occasionally. Lightroom was pretty stable but has crashed more lately. I found that when I turn off Bluetooth I experience no crashing. I have an Active Pen, but use it mostly for Rebelle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines