• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The app crashes constantly (fresco)

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app simply doesn't work. EVERY single time I open a document the app crashes and when I do manage to open a canvas it closes after any type of selection. The brushes don't work either and adjusting their settings also triggers the crashes.

TOPICS
Canvas settings , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Hi Als. 

Please write me at frescohelp at adobe dot com and give me as much device information as possible (device, os version, how much storage you have on it). 

Also, when you write me there, if you could attach a screen recording of the crash(es) that would also be really helpful. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Hello @2ferocious@AnnMaria&Co@Ronal Wilfred29448562ce7c@Mael2997180377ri@Ungruntlebot@marke73287947,

Sorry for the delayed response, and thank you for your patience. Our team has recently released a newer version of Fresco 4.7 that may help solve the issues you're experiencing. Could you please try updating to the latest version and let us know if it improves your situation?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would clarify: I have the Creative Cloud subscription and was using the free version of Fresco.

I won't cancel that subscription, but if I was paying for a separate Fresco subscription I would be canceling that. 

Maybe the paid version doesn't crash 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, the paid version crashes too. Wish they'd figure this out because I really liked the program...when it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every once in a while, I downloaded and reinstalled Fresco with the hope that something was fixed. I was disappointed ... so  I paid the $89.99 USD for a Rebelle 5 license and am having a wonderful time with that one.

I am still a faithful Lightroom and Photoshop user however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same here, so many crashes and I have been very patient. I'm now giving up on Fresco after trying everything including complete new install of softwares and computer. Bye Bye Fresco!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep having the same issues with the watercolour brushes on a brand new laptop. So I guess fresco is a no go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the solution lies in reducing the pixel size of the trace image if you have one. I have done this on a screenshot of a cat I have in my photos. SO far it seems to be working as it has not crashed the app - at least not yet. 🩵

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the entire above thing with all programs and apps but it has been crashing with sme of my pieces. Last night I tried reducing the pixels on my screenshot trace image tat I brought in and so far it has not crashed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working from my iPad. Every time my screen blacks out Fresco crashes and all of my work wasn't saved. And it won't let me save on the cloud. This app is trash!!!! Bring back Adobe Sketch!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!! WHAT A NIGHTMARE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a fix yet ? So frustrating. | I pay monthly for the entire adobe suite. I use fresco the most for my illustration. ADOBE PLEASE ADVISE!! This is very $ $ $

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 and still not working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too and have been paying for many years. This did not happen with other apps like sketch and does not happen with illustrator. At first I thought it must be my pen out of charge but it's not that. Sigh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why does Adobe not answer this problem for years now? I have been paying $59.00 every month for many years. For the most part it has been good but this is very much not. I think Adobe should address the problem now. please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not

🪬 A.M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @2ferocious@AnnMaria&Co@Ronal Wilfred29448562ce7c@Mael2997180377ri@Ungruntlebot@marke73287947,

Sorry for the delayed response, and thank you for your patience. Our team has recently released a newer version of Fresco 4.7 that may help solve the issues you're experiencing. Could you please try updating to the latest version and let us know if it improves your situation?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the update before your response and did download it.

After updating, I opened the application and held my breathj and crossed my fingers. I did get an Adobe error, but this time I was able to submit the report. That in itself was enough prgress to make me happy.

But them the application stayed open and didn't crash to the desktop.

The application worked.

The next time I opened Fresco, there were no errors and the issue appears to be resolved.

Exceellent job, and I knew that Adobe would resolve it eventually. It's not an easy task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's August 2023 and the issue is happening again. Very disapointed to pay for a suscription and getting this buggy app. 

Guess I will remain using Clip Studio Paint and Krita. 

Also wondering that this is why people still prefer Procreate on iOS.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yooo almost 3 years since the first message of this topic and I have exactly the same issue! It has started with a few crash using certain type of brushes but I was able to work but it got worse with time and now I simply can't open the app at all. The app opens, with the "documents loading" message and then just close a few second later. I tried everything. I'm so sad cause the app is so nice to use and I really can't found other apps like this intuitive and easy to use... Just WTF ??? How is this even possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also been several version updates. It's not really the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No point in continuing to give Fresco any more time. SUe Garibaldi probably left Adobe long ago. Nobody at Adobe cares about Fresco. It is a toy. Much better solutions out there. I am using Rebelle 5 and it never crashes.

I continue to use Lightroom, Photoshop, and Bridge. Photoshop crashes occasionally, but that is due to my advanced video system (Intel iRIS Max.) Updating my video driver usually solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. However how have you been able to switch from Fresco to Rebelle so easily ? I feel like they really haven't the same purposes. I used to draw vectorial portraits with Fresco but Rebelle looks way more focus on realistic watercolors and paint... Rebelle just seems so much less intuitive than Fresco...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I've been up and down and back and forth wiith drivers and windows update. 4.6.1 makes it a bit farther in the loading process before it tanks, which indicates an improvement on someone's part.

I highly suspect when I upgrade to Win11 it will work fine. You know, I just realized I should try my laptop since It's already upgraded. I think it's more a new kernel issue.

The integration of tools is a thing I like about Adobe, and I'm sure they'll get this sorted.

In the meantime I'll try your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bro yall made it worse adobe after I add 1 NEW Thing it c

rashes .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue here, me and my friend guito have to constantly deal with crashing and we both have brand new 2in1 computers that are speced to do this. Is this ever going to be fixed or should we give up on fresco?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines