• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector lines stop short when using ruler/pressure dynamics are present even though they are off

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am kind of frustrated with fresco. They have added functionality that I can not turn off. For example I have turned off all pressure dynamics for my basic round vector brush yet when using the ruler when moving the pen quickly I will get a tsper line as opposed to a solid even black line (yes I have turned off all known settings in the brush to prevent it see photo). The only way to prevent this is through some arbitrary slow speed which destroys my work flow. The other issue I'm having is when using the ruler to create straight lines fresco will stop short of the desired end point almost as tho it's a lag. For example when drawing a T shape, when drawing the vertical line using the ruler you will see a tiny gap prior to the horizontal line. It takes a second for it to figure out that I want the two lines connected the the line will continue and jump past the horizontal line. The only way to fix this issue is to stop just shy wait a second and then continue the line slowly. Any ideas? Is this a glitch or is just crappy engineering? Fresco used to be much more like Adobe draw, it was perfect. As they added functionality and taken the ability to turn everything off doing normal simple line drawings has become difficult. Adobe seems to be assuming my intent for the drawing and doing it's own thing. It's frustrating. I know how to draw Adobe stop using your glitchy computer to assume my intentions. If I want taper dynamics or pressure dynamics I will select them. When I want a basic round brush void of any other fancy imput that's what I want so stop. Does anyone know if im mistaken and there is a way to turn everything off? I have already turned off all known settings. (Everything above is in reference to vector drawings)4CBDEB58-87E0-4E3C-A672-1FB3091C975B.png

TOPICS
Import , Performance , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay to drill down to what you issue might be.

Where is your smoothing set to.

If you set it to zero you remove the lag then your line should stop where your pen does.

Regarding other comments if I set mine the same as yours I don't get any tapering while using the ruler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is set to zero that's not the issue. I appreciate the feedback though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also to address my issue with the tapering. According to Adobe customer support this issue I'm having apparently is built into the application they referred to it as "paper like" I hadent expirenced it's until the last few months since they updated the ruler to included other shapes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines