• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the vector brush tool keeps switching to an eraser?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Touch setting is set to "Gestures only"... but the "Eraser" keeps replacing my brush tool. I am using an iPad Air.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit more background: I could draw with the vector brush for a while... but sooner or later, it will change into an Eraser tool. It's a tad annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue when using pixel brushes on iPad pro 12.9.   Using a glove and have adjusted settings as much as I can but it acts as if I am resting my bare palm on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically, a double tap on the side of Apple Pencil toggles between brush and eraser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. But I don't do double taps. This is really odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that sometimes just adjusting my grip on the pencil creates a double tap effect. Try double tapping to switch back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Double tap to switch back: That's a great tip. Less tedious than moving my pencil to select the vector brush again after it mysteriously switched to an eraser. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines