Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment layers gone

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! 

I was very pleased to find out that Fresco added adjustment layers to its app. It is pretty easy to use and I was very happy with the functionality until I opened my file after a 2 hour break and became extremly frustrated.
All my adjustment layers are gone. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. My painting looks like I haven't done anything to it and I had to hold myself back from throwing my iPad against the wall. I have worked hours on it and had 20 different adjustment layers and now I have to start over since I don't know how to get them back. If I hadn't taken screenshots beforehand, I would be so screwed.

Did someone have the same issue and does anyone know why the layers vanished?

TOPICS
Layers , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a relatively new feature so there might be glitches which happen occasionally.  It's good that you had been taking screenshots so that you can recreate what you've lost. I tend to experiement with new features for a while before being ready to include them in an actual piece just in case this sort of thing happens.

Is it possible that the file did not save properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, d'autre problèmes encore, à expliquer à l'utilisateur....
1. Creation du document dans FRESCO
2. Edition dans PS sur ordi
2.1 modification des curseurs sur le calque de réglage (OK)
2.2 édition du calque de peinture créé dans Fresco, donc édition de l'objet dynamique,
2.2.1 Création d'une forme
2.2.2 Enregistrement de l'objet dynamique
2.3 enregistrement dans PS
3. Ouverture pour modification dans Fresco
3.1 Le calque objet dynamique dans PS et tagué de PS
3.2 J'ajoute un calque de régalge dans Fresco, seul les calques Fresco de l'objet dynamique sont modifiés, la forme ne change pas d'aspect.
3.3 Enregistrement dans Fresco
4.1 Ouverture dans PS sur bureau
4.2 J'ajoute un calque de réglage au dessus de la pile de calque et l'écrête, tout le contenu de l'objet dynamique est modifié.
4.3 J'enregistre dans PS
5.1 j'ouvre dans Fresco
5.2 Pas de moficiation des couleurs du calque PS !
Pour moi l'inter-opérabilité des fichiers Fresco de et vers PS est quand même très limitée !

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input! 

I wrote that post whilst very frustrated and I needed some time to cool down.

You are right! It helped that I took some screenshots and I replicated the effects. I'm 100% sure that it auto-saved more than once: I could open up the file several times after closing it but I believe that it has to do with how long it stays unopended as it happened again. This time it is not so dramatic because I wrote my adjustments down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

exactly.  Things are constantly changing.  I can't seem to replicate his issue though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines