• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fresco - Opening Creative Cloud Files on IPad

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently installed Adobe Fresco on the IPad and am impressed with the drawing and paint features over Adobe Draw and Adobe Sketch, particularly for the Oil and Watercolor brushes.

One issue that I have not been able to work out is the syncing of files between the IPad and Windows 10 Adobe Creative Cloud (with Photoshop/Bridge). I have it all set up under a single CC account and when I go to https://assets.adobe.com/files I can see folders for "Synced Files" and "Cloud Documents".

The problem is that I can only see my files in "Synced Files" on the IPad and I can only see my files in "Cloud Documents" in Photoshop/Bridge on Windows.

I can get around this to work to some degree by Exporting and Importing files to the "Cloud Documents" folder from Fresco and these files then become available in Photoshop/Bridge on Windows and vice versa.

What I would really like is to have a single folder that is available in both systems that automatically syncs in both directions.

If this possible, how do I set that up?

TOPICS
Publish & export , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

@willcrowther From what I have learned there are three types of files in CC:

# Synced

Files that sync with the CC folder on my CC desktop app (for me some .png files and some older .idea files)

# Mobile creations

Draw projects (I assume Draw imported .idea files when I first installed it and converted them to draw projects)

# Cloud documents

Drawings created in Fresco.

From what I can tell you can:

- Continue creating draw projects in Draw that sync to Mobile creations

- Import individual draw projec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@willcrowther From what I have learned there are three types of files in CC:

# Synced

Files that sync with the CC folder on my CC desktop app (for me some .png files and some older .idea files)

# Mobile creations

Draw projects (I assume Draw imported .idea files when I first installed it and converted them to draw projects)

# Cloud documents

Drawings created in Fresco.

From what I can tell you can:

- Continue creating draw projects in Draw that sync to Mobile creations

- Import individual draw projects to Fresco

- Get Fresco to automatically import some draw projects when you install Fr

What you can't seem to do:

- Move projects from Synced or Mobile creations to the Cloud documents folder (I assume because this is because when you import a draw project to Fr then Fr converts the file to a Fresco format)

- Bulk import draw projects to Fr manually

Sue from Adobe let me know that only draw projects opened recently (I think within two years or something) would be automatically imported to Fr. I tried both opening an old project to change it's modified date to today as well as signing out then signing into Fr but it didn't trigger Fr import the recently modified draw project. So I need to import older draw projects manually (or just keep using Draw!).

Hope some of that is helpful. A bulk importer from Draw to Fr would be amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the summary! That is helpful. I mainly wanted to make sure I was not missing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Will. 

Adobe Cloud Documents are "in their infancy" so there will be things that can be done with them in the future that can't be done right now. So, currently, the only way to access both your Creative Cloud Files and your Cloud Documents is either on https://assets.adobe.com or in the Creative Cloud Mobile App. 

It sounds like what you want is to be able to see all of your documents in the Creative Cloud Desktop App or in the apps (am I right about that?) but it's just not possible yet. 

Please let me know if I've misunderstood. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sue,

Thanks for your reply! I had been exploring workflows from Fresco to Photoshop and thought I may be missing out on a more streamlined approach. Ideally, a single location that is visible to both the IPad and the desktop would be ideal. It sounds like you have a good start but there still might be more to come. Please continue to work on this.

One issue worth pointing out that I initially had problems with, was not being able to export from Fresco to the IPad Files App using the Creative Cloud. Not sure if it had gotten turned off at some point, but Creative Cloud was not one of the Locations visible under Browse in the IPad Files app.

To get that to work in the Files app, I had to click Edit (above and to the right of Browse) and then switch the green radio button on. After that Creative Cloud was now one of the options to Export to.

Regards,

Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines