• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! brush color keeps defaulting to white for each stroke

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brush color defaults to white, if you draw a stroke on vector layer, as soon as you lift off the screen the color being used goes back to white, how do you prevent having to change the color for every stroke?

TOPICS
Color , Live brushes , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Celesete. 

Is there any way you're activating the Eyedropper (color selection) tool? The gesture for that is a tap-and-hold anywhere on the canvas. And since the primary background color is often white, the brush color will frequently keep changing to white when the Eyedropper is accidentally activated.

Let me know what you think so I  can help you get to the bottom of what's happening.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, the colours switch from foreground and background colour with every stroke, help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Brigitte23914987gcbi,

I understand how frustrating it can be when your brush color keeps defaulting to white with each stroke. This issue can disrupt your workflow and make the creative process more challenging.

To better assist you, could you please share a screen recording of your workflow? Seeing the problem in action will help us understand the issue more accurately and provide you with the best possible solution. Additionally, if you could provide details about the specific brush tool you're using and any other relevant information about your setup, that would be helpful for troubleshooting.

Rest assured, we'll escalate this issue to our product team for further investigation.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Best regards,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

The colour of the stroke is dependent on the colour I am using the brush on. It might be a brush issue. I have been using Photoshop daily for 15 years without encountering this  feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines