• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation of old CS no longer working

Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost the hope that Adobe support really wishes to help me in a very simple problem.

For my company I bought more licenses of Creative Cloud. Ok, it works and no problem with it.

But I have also old licenses for CS3, CS5.5 and CS6.  I wish still use them. I suppose I am fully entitled to do that. But... when I try to activate them, it says that the license numbers are stolen and send me to a web page where I can learn how beautifuf is to use original software etc. The Adobe support seems to be not capable to give me any working solution. They are very kind indeed, but I they do not solve the problem. The serial numbers are surely not stolen, at least on my side: the discs and the codes always remained in my desk drawers for all these years.

Any idea would really be wellcome. Thanks.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other users can't help, and you say that Adobe support has told you that you have a serial number that was stolen... not by you, by the person who sold you the product

Invalid Serial Number https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/I-purchased-CS5-years-ago-but-attempts-to-download-it-now...
-https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/invalid-revoked-serial-numbers.html
-and revoked volume number https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Feeling-cheated-CS6-serial-number-revoked/td-p/9807405

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, thanks for having replied. 

The licenses were acquired directly from Adobe. Sincerely, I do not belive the story of stolen licenses. If so, Adobe should have to be the first asking the police authority to investigate its own employees and should have set some mechanism to keep safe its users.

I thank you for your kindness but, unfortunately, the links you are posting do not solve my problem. My case is absolutely plain: I have the licenses, I have also the screenshot of the Adobe site with serial numbers and the original DVDs. None of them never left my offices.

I asked respectfully the Community to understand if I am the only one having this kind of problem, with Adobe support that do not really help me,  and if someone else could find a way out from this situation. 

Am I wrong? What could I correctly do according your opinion to use the software that I regularly purchased?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe sees hundreds of people fraudulently using the same license, that sends up red flags and they deactivate the number to stop further abuse. Sadly, if your Creative Suite serial numbers were stolen or shared -- with or without your knowledge, there is nothing anybody can do to make that right again.  Sorry. 

Adobe owns the software and sets the policies.  Customer care agents are no longer allowed to assist with legacy Creative Suite products.  For further support, you must subscribe to a Creative Cloud plan.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a democracy, a crime should be proven or assessed; differently it could be simply a way to force customers to buy again new licenses for the second time (by the way, I do have other Creative Cloud licenses, as I explained above, but that cannot cancel the rights I have already purchased).

May I kindly ask if that is just your personal opinion or it reflects Adobe position about this topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't work for Adobe.  Read your End User License Agreement (EULA). US English starts on page 112.

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/licenses-terms/pdf/CS6.pdf

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhh... I will not read that license, I have enought of the contracts I have to study for my work... :). We are speaking of few hundred euros, mine and your time is probably more valuable.

What I understand is that when I purchase a license, Adobe can revocate it when they like, independently from the fact I, the customer, have always operated correctly.

Well to know for the future, I dont like it but, obviously, but I, as a small customer, cannot do otherwise than undergo.

Just remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cosa è,

I (mis)understand your question a little differently, namely that you had bought a number of CS versions directly from Adobe (before your current CC licences), and that claims of stolen licences appeared automatically in connexion with your failed attempt to activate them (which would indeed seem unthinkable given their origin), and that Support have simply been unable to help overcome the issue, however friendly.

Based on this, I have tried to alert an Adobe friend who may be able to (alert someone able to) help you.

Since (almost) everyone seems to believe that it is New Year in these hours (followed by a day of rest), it may be a wee while before anything can happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's is different. 

I repeat that this topic is not very important. Honestly, the point is that I am a Mac collector and I wished to preserve also the software, not only the machines. Just an hobby. I have current CC licenses for the real work.

So, thanks for what you have done for me and whishes for the new year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Cosa è.

Early yesterday (on the day of rest, and after just 10 hours), the alert was passed on to a second Adobe friend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope that  Jacob_Bugge's friend can help with the activation for CS5.5 and CS6, assuming that the activation limit is the issue. When you talk to them, or to customer support, be certain to emphasize that you need help with an activation limit, as deactivating or resetting the activation limit is apparently the only help that customer support is allowed to provide on Creative Suites 4 through 6. 

Unfortunately, no one is going to be able to help you with CS3. As I understand it, official Adobe policy is that CS1 through CS3 are no longer supported in any way, shape, or form. If you happen to have the installation disks, you can still install CS3 on your computer, but you won't be able to activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cosa è, linsims,

As I understand the current support conditions, you can always get help from the Support (chat team) with the issue of having reached the maximum amount of allowable activations, no need to alert anyone.

But that is only the non exclusive general exception from the non CS support: you can also get Support help with other activation errors evaluated on a case by case basis.

I believe that erroneous claims of stolen licences in the automatic activation procedure would be a case obviously evaluated to be coverable by Support (on a case by case basis), also in order to avoid similar future cases by weeding out such errors in the activation procedure.

Hence my alerting our Adobe friends, hoping that this can be dealt with as such a special case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reflected on this topic. It is absolutely unfair that an users buys perpetual licenses and than cannot any longer use it for some obscure reason that I cannot understand and nobody can me explain.

It seems just a form of bullying: what can do a small, insignificant user like me? Just undergoing.

From my small corner, I started canceling my own Creative Cloud license and started canceling all the other license in my company that I control. Adobe balance will sure not suffer for that.

Thanks, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/activation-for-cs3-cs3-is-a-dead-product/td-p/10879197

Scroll down and read what Nancy said 18 minutes ago, as of this time (12:36 Pacific USA)

Where she discusses the license that covers Adobe stopping service for a program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cosa è,

This is hopefully decisive good news.

Here are the instructions kindly given by an Adobe staff friend:

Your next steps are to contact our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html .  Once there you can request to be put in contact with our Adobe Genuine team.  If your serial number has been listed as invalid or revoked then the Adobe Genuine team will be able to help you.

In this context I believe it is convenient for you to have the screenshot of the Adobe site with serial numbers and photo(s) of the original DVDs ready to upload.

I hope you will share your findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines