• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't uninstall Photoshop CC without uninstalling PS CC 2014

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to uninstall PS CC the uninstall wizard from adobe also checks PS CC 2014 to be uninstalled. And there doesn't seem to be a way to uninstall just the older version. Is anyone else having this issue?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with the majority of the CC suite. I am using Windows 7 x64

I can confirm that my Adobe CC folder (where all the programs are kept) does have 2 folders for every program, a CC version and a CC 2014 version. And both of those folders have data in them, so its taking up about 7GB more than it should. But when I go to my control panel > Programs it only shows the CC 2014 version for each program. I've also seen a few articles saying not to delete old versions of the CC programs by just deleting their folders.

I'm also unable to change my default "Open with" program to PS CC 2014. Every time I try, it assigns it to the old PS CC. And yes, I am sure I am pointing it at the correct folder.

Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thefoodjunky, we have separate individual uninstallers for both CC & CC 2014 apps.

You can uninstall them by running their native uninstallers found at the below locations:

Mac  : Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers >

Win : Control Panel > Add/Remove Features

greyorangestudios, Hope that answers your question as well. Also, once you uninstall the CC apps, you will be able to change the default "Open with" program to CC 2014.

Let me know in case you guys still face any issues.

Regards

~ Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in my first message, when I go to my control panel > Programs it only shows the CC 2014 version for each program. It was literally the first thing I tried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option is not available in windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

terrynewcomb74146, May i know which option are you referring to that is not available in Win 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win : Control Panel > Add/Remove Features  is not an option in my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit system.

All I can choose is Control Panel > Programs and Features

at that point, I am right where the original questioner is, with both programs checked, and no option to uncheck 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

terrynewcomb74146 wrote:

Win : Control Panel > Add/Remove Features  is not an option in my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit system.

All I can choose is Control Panel > Programs and Features

at that point, I am right where the original questioner is, with both programs checked, and no option to uncheck 2014.

Mine doesn't even have the option to uninstall the previous version, just the 2014 one.

But I do have a "Add or Remove Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection" menu item. My previous version of Photoshop comes from an upgrade. Should I use this option to remove my older version of Photoshop safely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are confusing uninstall, with Add/Remove Windows Features. The native uninstall tool is found under Control Panel and is called "Uninstall a Program" not "Add/Remove Features".

And per everyone else in this forum, yes I still have the issue. When the Adobe uninstaller loads you have to select the Photoshop program you want to uninstall. And there is no way to check "Photoshop CC" without also checking "Photoshop CC 2014" Note Some people are having the same issue with other programs in the CC portfolio. I did not, I am only having the issue with PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is NO "Uninstall a Program" tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Start-Computer and above the Hdds is Uninstall or change a program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone is talking about the same thing, just different labels. In Windows 7 the tool is called "Programs and Features", but when you access it from other places it may be labeled as "Uninstall a Program" or "Add/Remove Programs". In other versions of Windows it will be called different things. But I think everyone here is in the correct menu because there is always a mention of some way of uninstalling Photoshop CC 2014. The problem is we want to uninstall Photoshop CC WITHOUT uninstalling Photoshop CC 2014. Remove the old version, keep the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry guys for the confusion.

greyorangestudiosis right. On Win 7 its Program & Features instead of Add/Remove Programs.

Here is a Microsoft article that talks about how to uninstall applications: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/uninstall-change-program

So, there you will find separate individual uninstallers for CC as well CC 2014 apps. Uninstalling CC apps will not remove CC 2014 apps or vice-versa. They both are independent applications.

Hope that Helps!

~ Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aprit, I don't think you're reading our posts carefully enough. Here's our problems:

The original poster, thefoodjunky, cannot select ONLY CC to uninstall. She is in the uninstaller, but cannot check CC without CC 2014 being checked also. She is trying to uninstall just the CC version of Photoshop.

I am having a slightly different problem. In my Programs & Features menu, Adobe Photoshop CC does not appear at all. Only Adobe Photoshop CC 2014. I do, however, have the Creative Suite 3 Master Collection in that menu. My version of Photoshop was an upgrade. Though I thought that CC was its own thing, separate from upgrades. In any case, I do not have an option to uninstall any version of CC, only CC 2014 appears in the menu.

So what are we supposed to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same scenario. Only the CC(2014) version for each app appears in the Windows 7 PROGRAMS AND FEATURES list. If you run the uninstall for the CC(2014) app it does not show the older CC apps as an option to uninstall.

Yet the older apps are all there, intact and working. The two apps I used so far failed to migrate the settings and preferences successfully, so the install was a total mess.

The Adobe CC and CC(2014) Apps are not in neat program folders like other software applications that also have helpful options like an uninstaller with them. All the Adobe Apps are just unhelpfully dumped in the root folder of ALL PROGRAMS on the START menu.

I have huge list of Adobe apps with 3 versions now of almost every app; CC, CC-64-bit and CC(2014).

My 120GB SSD system drive is full of unneeded Adobe programs that I can not remove.

Real helpful suggestions would be appreciated. YES WE KNOW HOW TO UNINSTALL A PROGRAM.

We are using CC for heaven's sake, we can uninstall a Windows program. We are posting because it is NOT working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arpit,

You really need to slow down and READ these peoples questions and responses, so far you have missed the problem ENTIRELY!  What I and most other people are having a problem with in Windows 7 64 Bit is this.  Plain and simple:

Once we have installed CC 2014, there is NOT an option in the Windows "Add/Remove Programs" selections to UNINSTALL the prior Adobe CC versions.  ALL that is showing up in "Add/Remove Programs" are the CC 2014 versions!  If we uninstall those we uninstall everything, requiring literally HOURS out of all our busy days when we NEED these programs for our work!

The link you give above to the Microsoft website about how to "Add or Remove Programs" is again very basic, and not even for the version of Windows that everyone is talking about here, it's for Windows 8 & 8.1!  Honestly!  Read people's questions!  If you have a language barrier in understanding the question fully, have someone help you, or get someone else in here to fix this problem!  The problem is not so many peoples different computers!  This is an Adobe problem! 

Honestly Adobe, this is the worst update process I have seen yet in ANY program over my many many years in computers!  Arpit, while we appreciate the diligence with which you answer these posts, describing (in some cases wrongly) the most basic skills necessary to remove a program (which I am sure in this day and age, that anyone using these high-end Adobe products already knows!)  It's not that they cannot do the task, Arpit, it's that the selection is simply not there!  If you cannot answer this question, how about getting someone that can!  Whether I completely rip out every last Adobe program from my skillset and replace it with a competitor depends upon how you guys fix this complete and utter foul up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2753, I agree with you wholeheartedly. It is frustrating to see all the glib responses from people who think we don't even have basic computer skills!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I guess we are not going to get an answer to this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must say I'm very disappointed by Adobe on this issue. If there is an issue with the software at least let us know you're working on it. Or provide a workaround. But don't just leave us all in the dark. Perhaps we can escalate the issue?

I haven't been in the conversation because my issue is actually fixed. Though I don't think anyone here will like my solution. I had a Windows registry error that caused all my internet ports to close, and therefore I had no internet. This issue was totally, completely, 100% separate from the CC 2014 issue, so don't worry. Well in the process of fixing my internet issue, I had to wipe my C drive.

But don't worry, my C drive is a small SSD, so it doesn't contain any of my files (except my FONTS! ). So since all my "installed" programs were no longer in the fresh registry, I had to reinstall the entire CC suite. And, thankfully, it allowed me to install ONLY the 2014 versions of everything. So now I'm back up and running with the full suite, no issues.

BUT! While trying to fix my mouse to auto profile switch in programs like Photoshop I ran into an issue. I couldn't get the mouse to recognize when Photoshop was in focus, and therefore it wouldn't switch my button profiles automatically. This had me scratching my head for a few days because it worked in my other Adobe programs and in games. And during this process I discovered that Photoshop CC 2014 and Lightroom 5.5 are installed into a directory different than the one specified during installation. All my programs are stored on my main drive, E. Because my SSD is small, I keep as many programs off of C as possible. Now I do have a Photoshop CC 2014 installed on my E drive (E:\Adobe CC\Photoshop CC 2014\Photoshop.exe) but that wasn't the path the program was running from. I discovered its actual location is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Photoshop.exe. This was the reason for my mouse not working, so perhaps it has something to do with the installation issue? The uninstaller may be looking in a default directory, or it may be looking at the directory requested during install. It appears to me that the full program is present in both directories.

So, to those having an uninstall issue, is your Photoshop installed in the default directory that the installer came up with or did you give it a custom installation? And maybe Adobe can answer why I have a Photoshop installed on my C drive when I specifically asked it not to!

If Adobe won't help us, we'll help ourselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all

I have been haunted by the same (the initial) problem, and exactly as all you guys and girls are, I was annoyed by the problem.

My problem was (just to sum up the problem) that, in the Control panel, choosing to remove a program (using a Danish win7) gave me two options

1. Removing Adobe Photoshop CC

OR
  2. Removing Adobe Photoshop CC 2014.

As my wish was to remove the CC version I double-clicked that option.

I was then presented to a dialogue box showing both versions, and removing the checkmark in either one of these removed both checkmarks.

There is nothing new in all of this description. It has been well described in more entries in this forum.

I thought: Why not remove both of them and then reinstall the 2014 version? So I did. It took about 3 minutes until I received a confirmation that the process had been carried out successfully.

I had another look into the Control panel to see if it had been removed, and you know what THE CC VERSION WAS GONE BUT THE CC 2014 WAS STILL THERE, AND IT IS FUNCTIONAL!!

This is of course a malfunction in the de-installation procedure, but it did the trick.

Bests

Leif 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't appear for me on Windows 8.1. If I click on any of the 2014 apps in add/remove it only gives me the option to remove the 2014 app. All the CC apps are not listed and there's no uninstaller for any of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem Andrew has. In Windows 8.1 I have 3 versions of Photoshop installed, CS6, CC, and CC 2014. I cannot get rid of the first two since they have no separate uninstaller and they are not listed in the programs list. Even creative cloud says they are there, but there is no way to remove them short of manually deleting the files and menu entries, and probably any stray registry entries. I'm not keen on doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to only be happening with Photoshop, all the other Adobe CC applications seem to uninstall correctly and not taking Adobe CC 2014 with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be a good idea if Adobe would admit the problem. Of course it will be corrected in the next update. But we just have to put up with the older version sitting there like a version of QuarkXPress sitting next to InDesign just for nostalgic reasons and we can call it ART. Oh NO.... I want a clean PC...What!!! your not a collector? Adobe should release their own operating system if they can not work out a Windows problem. Apple is not the basis of life. I have nothing to do with Apple in any form.... I think that's the problem a bias of Abode and Apple. Apple is really an overpriced TOY in comparison to PC machines and operating systems. But try and tell that to Apple disciples its a religious or political obsession of some kind of which there is no cure. I hope the epidemic will not spread... Kill it quick kids before it bits you.

When you sell your PC you can sell it as containing multiple versions of CC as a selling point to some poor kid on eBay. Oh dear must shut up now.  Have a nice day with all your versions of CC, CC 2014, CC 2015. CC2016 etc.... This could help the Hard Drive industry with extra sales.

Hey... a new program to delete old versions of CC CC CC CC CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

THIS Helped me!!! to uninstall CC app

hope it HELPS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines