• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC on Mac OS 10.8.5 not working or installing; Tech Support Useless or Non-Responsive

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2013 Oct 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Adobe Products since '95. I am very comfortable with the "Industry Standard" of applications Adobe has offered up to now. I have a MacBook Pro that has happily run CS4-6 and felt that CC would be a good way to save a little $$ with a subscription rather than a multi-thousand dollar purchase every time I needed to upgrade.

I've been trying for 4 or 5 days now to get two major issues rectified:

1. Photoshop CS6 (downloaded through CC Subscription) Type Tool will not initialize. When I try to get Type Tool to work, Photoshop crashes and sends an error report.
  2. With CS6 not able to add Type to images I try to install Photoshop CC. CC will not install. I contact Tech Support over the course of 3 days and have multiple people have access to my computer and no resolution. File Folders created for no reason, Admin Priviledges altered, Security Permissions changed and a new dummy profile for Adobe to access created. Nothing. CC Desktop Manager won't even install.
  3. For a short period of time NONE of my Adobe products would even turn on. Received error msg that Desktop Manager was corrupt or non-existent.

This is my livelyhood. I'm self-employed and am now telling clients that I have to push back their deadlines because my software is broken and Adobe (of all companies) can't seem to fix it. Worse off, I was told that someone would call me on Friday to address these issues and no call.

I know other people are suffering through this because the forum is full of the exact same issue Windows and Mac OS. Adobe needs to fix the issues NOW and fire whomever you've outsourced your support to. They are terrible.

Who do I contact to get a refund for the last month? I've almost lost $600 worth of work in a week because of this, I don't feel I should have to pay the $50 for this month.

**I'd like to add, I've been on the phone with support for no less than 8 hours and Online Chat support for 4 more hours**

Message was edited by: Marco@JustALittle

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marco@JustALittle,

I really apologise for the inconvenience.

I will have someone from the senior team reach out to you shortly.

Can you please send a private message to me with your contact number and the best time to reach you.

If you dont know how to do that refer : http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1184148

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thanks for the response. Here is the thing, I've had people from Adobe Support ferreting around in my computer for days. Some seem to know how a Mac works others not at all.

If someone is going to call me an have me spend another few hours on the phone then I want someone who understands both the issue and Macs.

I received an email earlier today with a link to how to's to self fix my issues, none of them worked. This leads me to believe it is an Adobe problem. At the very least there should be a way that I can download the .dmg file and do a manual install until Adobe gets this rectified. I've wasted enough work time at this point and need to at least get Photoshop CC installed so I can get the Type Tool working.

More over for the amount of time spent on this an lack of resolution I deserve a free month of CC at the least as this is now impacting on my ability to fulfill work requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Marco,

I have received your contact information.

One of my colleagues will be contacting you today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines