Completely uninstall Adobe Application Manager

I mistakenly installed Adobe Application Manager last night because I thought it was needed to make it easier to update my existing Adobe Reader v10 and my other Adobe products (AIR, Flash, Photoshop Elements, and Premier Elements). How stupid of me to not do my research FIRST!!! Now I can not get rid of the damned thing. It will not show up in the Windows Programs and Features program listing in the Control Panel so I can remove it that way and the instructions to completely remove AAM that are given on the web site simply do not work as I have NONE of the applications listed in AAM that purportedly will remove AAM if they are uninstalled.

Topics

Creative Cloud, Installation
View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Completely uninstall Adobe Application Manager

I mistakenly installed Adobe Application Manager last night because I thought it was needed to make it easier to update my existing Adobe Reader v10 and my other Adobe products (AIR, Flash, Photoshop Elements, and Premier Elements). How stupid of me to not do my research FIRST!!! Now I can not get rid of the damned thing. It will not show up in the Windows Programs and Features program listing in the Control Panel so I can remove it that way and the instructions to completely remove AAM that are given on the web site simply do not work as I have NONE of the applications listed in AAM that purportedly will remove AAM if they are uninstalled.

Topics

Creative Cloud, Installation
View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

First let me say that my earlier instructions for removing AAM were only partially correct. Those instructions remove just the Creative Cloud part of AAM and should really only be used if you are having trouble running AAM with your Creative Cloud subscription.

If you are using most Adobe products then AAM is installed and is required for the product to run correctly. AAM is used for Creative Cloud, and is also used for perpetual licensing (when you enter a serial number). AAM also handles updating your installed products.

So yes AAM is installed with Photoshop Elements and PremierePro Elements.

For customers who try a mix of perpetual license (for example using a serial number with the Master Collection or just Photoshop) and then try a Creative Cloud trial or paid subscription you might see AAM telling you that a product is not installed when it is. This is a known issue.

So please do not try and remove AAM from your system if you are using Adobe products. You may cause the perpetual licensing or subscription to stop working, and you will not recieve updates.

147 Replies

Re: Completely uninstall Adobe Application Manager

I also was tricked into thinking that Adobe Application Manager would update the Adobe programs I have installed on my machine (Adobe Acrobat X Standard & Adobe Photoshop Elements 10).

I think this was a sneaky and underhanded way to get us to download this crap. I also do not want this Adobe Application Manager crap on my machine.

How can we remove/uninstall (Complete Uninstall) the Adobe Application Manager and remove any keys in our registry that were installed with this program?

View all replies

10 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe application manager  is core application for all Adobe Creative Suite Products and is required for download, deployment, provisioning and updater functionality. Removing Adobe Application Manager from your machine may result in incorrect functioning of your product like Photoshop elements and Premier Elements in your case.  So my recommendation would be not to remove Adobe Application Manager from your machine.   

View all replies

2 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

There are 16 programs listed in Adobe Application Manager:

Phoyoshop CS6

After Effects CS6

Adobe Premier Pro CS6 Family

InDesign CS6

Flash Professional CS6

Illustrator CS6

Fireworks CS6

Muse

Dreamweaver CS6

Audition CS6

SpeedGrade CS6

Prelude CS6

Flash Builder

Edge Animate preview

Abode X Pro

Touch App Plugins

These are all “Trial Products” that are either limited in features or limited by time, which will then need to be purchased or uninstalled. To me it looks like the “Adobe Application Manager” is a marketing tool used by Adobe to sell programs. Not one program listed is one I have installed. This manager is not needed as all the Adobe programs can be updated from the program.

That being said; How can we remove/uninstall (Complete Uninstall) the Adobe Application Manager and remove any keys in our registry that were installed with this program?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

The Adobe Application Manager is not a marketing tool, and you can remove it from your system.

You will need to get the Adobe Cleaner Tool from here http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html. Launch the Adobe Cleaner tool and in the top right drop-down select Creative Cloud. In the list select Creative Cloud Installer and then click the button labelled 'Cleanup selected'. The Adobe Application Manager will be removed from your computer.

cleaner_tool_creative_cloud.png

View all replies

12 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Ken G. Rice,

Thank you for taking the time to help us, it is greatly appreciated!

I tried searching for information on removing the Adobe Application Manager and found nothing about removing it.

Again thanks, I am sure there are others that will also find this information helpful.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

There was another similar post today regarding the Adobe Application Manager http://forums.adobe.com/message/4719813#4719813. I am going to get a clear explanation on Monday and will share it in the forums.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I think the Adobe Application Manager download needs to have a better description as to what programs it supports.

I was under the impression it was also for updating Adobe Acrobat X Standard & Adobe Photoshop Elements 10.

You have been a great help and I might also mention that the Adobe Application Manager no longer resides on my machine.

Thank You!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I have also downloaded Adobe Application Manager as an update. I am running Elements 10, Flash 11, and Reader 8.1. I am wondering if AAM is needed to continue to recieve updates and maintain proper functionality for Elements?

I have read this post and the one listed above. After updating, I also realized that none of the programs listed in AAM are ones that I possess or want. When I go to my start menu and click on "Adobe Application Manager" (WIndows 7), it makes me enter my Adobe ID and password, then basically displays a list of programs that I can "install". I have also noticed that when I click on Help > Update in Photoshop Elements or Organizer, AAM comes up instead of my normal "checking for updates" window. This all seems pointless.

I do not wish to simply uninstall AAM if doing so inhibits "updater functionality" or causes "incorrect functioning" of Elements as described in the first response. I use my photoshop.com site frequently. However, it seems like this program is unnecessary for those of us running applications not listed in the app manager itself. Do I need it when I'm just running Elements 10? Also, as mentioned in the other post, will it be taken off my update list if I uninstall?

Thanks

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I do not understand what this update is all about. I have CS6 Master Collection installed & registered, all previous updates applied, yet this new application manager indicates that about half my CS6 applications aren't installed. I'm confused. Can someone exlain what's going on here?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

HollicoGroup Look at Post #3.

Look at the programs that you think are not installed. Click on install and see what is offered, the program will not installed until you accept the installation.

When I looked at the programs that were offered for install they were all “Trial Products” that are either limited in features or limited by time, which you will then need to be purchased or uninstalled after the "Trial Period".

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

fixedHeartsDesign.

Follow Post #4.

I am running Adobe Acrobat X Standard, Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Adobe Flash Player Ver. 11,4,402,278. I unstalled the Adobe Application Manager

and all these programs are functioning as designed, including updating.

Remember all these programs can be updated from inside the program. Open the program, click on "Help" then click on "Update" or "Check for Updates"

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Wet~Look

Thanks for answering my question about updater functionality and overall successful operation of Elements 10 after uninstall. I am still very confused by Vikas_CSI's post about App Manager being a core application that is:

"required for download, deployment, provisioning and updater functionality. Removing AAM from your machine may result in incorrect functioning of products like Photoshop Elements..."

Seems pretty direct, should I be concerned about future issues if I want to upgrade or download more software? It would make sense if he was talking about applications that were actually listed in the App Manager. Also, once you uninstalled, did AAM reappear in your update list when you went to Help > Update > Check for Updates? If so, can you simply uncheck the box?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Vikas_CSI

Reply to your Post #2.

We are still awaiting a reply from you, see post #13,

"Adobe application manager  is core application for all Adobe Creative Suite Products and is required for download, deployment, provisioning and updater functionality."

Where did you get your information about "Adobe Application Manager" being the core application for all Adobe Creative Suite Products

and is required for download, deployment, provisioning and updater functionality.

Would you please provide the link for this information so the people with questions about this manager can read it for themselves?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Mr. Rice:

THANK YOU!! This cleaner worked.

I do not understand how Adobe can put out a product (AAM) that does not

have an uninstall option built in to the product or in the Windows

Programs and Features program listing. Why does it take someone like

you, who obviously has done his research, to provide a solution to those

of us who MIGHT have found this cleaner eventually and Adobe can not?

Incomprehensible!

Sincerely,

Charles E. Laughlin

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Bizarre response. The cleaner didn’t work at all. The option isn’t there.

I think this decides it.

Hugh

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

The cleaner didn't do squat for me!!!!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

HughLaFollette

Did you use the correct remover tool? There are two listed, one for Macintosh & one for Windows.

I used the windows tool which opens the dos prompt window and followed the directions. If you used the removal tool for windows, did you extracted the zip win folder to your desk top, then click on “AdobeCreativeSuiteCleanerTool” and the dos window opens, type e (for English) tap Enter on your keyboard, the agreement opens in the dos window, accept it type y (for yes) tap enter on your keyboard, chose Creative Cloud by typing 3 and tap enter, the next dos window you need to quit the dos window as the "Adobe Application Manager" is now modified, type q (for Quit) then tap enter.

It doesn't remove the manager it removed all the trial programs “Adobe Application Manager” had listed. This manager is the new manager that Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 uses. I don’t know what other Adobe programs this manager is use for as I only have Adobe Acrobat X Standard, Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Adobe Flash Player Ver. 11,4,402,278 and this updater only updates Adobe Photoshop Elements 10.

If you used the one for Mac, I am not familiar with how it works as I have windows on my machine.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I did not get any of the options you are mentioning — and yes, I used the one for Windows.

When I ran it, it only opened a command window, and none of the options were relevant.

Hugh

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

HughLaFollette,

When you downloaded the zip file and unzipped it, did it have a folder named "win"?
If so in the "win" folder there should be three files:
"A
dobeCreativeSuiteCleanerTool"
"Read
MeFirst"
"versioninfo"

What happens when you double click the "AdobeCreativeSuiteCleanerTool" file?

Also you might want to edit your post and remove you email addresses if you don't like spam.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

It opens a command window with a series of options; none of the options are relevant — unless I wanted to delete everything from Adobe — which I may end up doing, but I was just trying to get rid of AAM — which looks to me to be just a (bad) marketing device.

Hugh

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Mr. LaFollette:

I do not know about the version you downloaded but in my version the

following are the steps involved:

1. run an unzip program

2. the pertinent extracted files are:

a. AdobeCreativeSuiteCleanerTool.exe

b. ReadMeFirst.pdf

c. versioninfo.xml

These will be located in a folder entitled win

3. run AdobeCreativeSuiteCleanerTool

4. a command window opens with the following options:

a. choose your language (either English (e) or Japanese) (j)

5. after you answer with your language, a EULA scrolls with the option

of answering either y (yes) or n (no)

6. answer y (yes)

7. The next screen has 8 options listed as follows:

1. All

2. Adobe Flash Player 10.2

3. Creative Cloud

4. CS3, CS4

5. CS5-CS5.5

6. CS5-CS5.5-CS6

7. CS6

8. Quit

8. It is the 3rd option you need. When you run #3, all your desires

will be met. AAM is gone!!!!!

Sincerely,

Charles E. Laughlin

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Thanks. 

Why not just say “AAM” rather than creative cloud?

Hugh

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hugh,

You and me both!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Charles E. Laughlin

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I was also fooled into believing that Adobe Application Manager was a necessary update for my creative suite. Even if AAM is necessary for core functionality (i.e., see smoke and mirrors description for AAM), I would be left with the following concerns:

1. Core functionality has nothing do to with Adobes decisions to install software on my personal computer that appears solely dedicated to pushing unsolicited trial software.
  2. Using the Adobe application update manager to install AAM/a mechanism to push trail software is deceitful.
  3. The description for AAM appears to be intentionally misleading.
  4. The interface is confusing; AAM lists installed software as not being installed, as well as software that is not part of my creative suite. Why would I possibly want to install a trail version alongside my equivalent licensed version?
  5. If Adobe wanted to push an update that truly provided core functionality, they would have done this as they have done in the past, and I would not have a confusing listing of trial software sitting of my desktop.

For lack of a better phrase, I feel like Adobe Spammed my computer with trialware in a manner that is markedly disingenuous. My take away lesson – Do not trust Adobe updater, do not trust Abode to conduct business in a forthright and principled manner, and of most importance, image/backup before running Adobe updater.

Venting aside, I inevitably gave up on trying to uninstall AAM and reverted back to a recent drive image.

Does anyone know of a way to keep AAM from popping up in the application update manager?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Thanks Ken. Very helpful.

However, if I suddenly find a new application in my system tray that I didn't install or ask to be installed in any updates, I'll hose Adobe products off my system faster than you can say "FoxIt" and "Corel".

Incidentally, it's really annoying that we have to install ANOTHER program in order to get this piece of crap off our computers.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi Ken,

I just found what this software really is. 

How can I complain to Adobe about this?  Poor form Adobe. 

Misrepresentation, can't easily be uninstalled - in fact you need a special app to get rid of it,

floggs off software you did ask for - smells, acts and sounds like a virus.

I wish Macromedia had the money to take over an arrogant Adobe..

g

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I'm sad that my first post here has to be a big whinge but I am going to do it anyway.

This is malware pure and simple - I didn't choose to install it, I can't uninstall it, it doesn't show up in my programs list.

It doesn't even work properly. I have the production suite, yet it can't see that I have photoshop.

Even with the lowly education licence I paid what to me is an exorbitant amount of money and am now being advertised to.

I wonder if a torrent will force this rubbish on me? Seems like once again the paying customer gets what is basically an inferior product.

this really, really sucks.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Ken G. Rice wrote:

The Adobe Application Manager is not a marketing tool, and you can remove it from your system.

You will need to get the Adobe Cleaner Tool from here http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html. Launch the Adobe Cleaner tool and in the top right drop-down select Creative Cloud. In the list select Creative Cloud Installer and then click the button labelled 'Cleanup selected'. The Adobe Application Manager will be removed from your computer.

cleaner_tool_creative_cloud.png

Three questions, Ken:

1. Why are there advertisements for other Adobe products if the AAM is 'not' a marketing application?
  2. Why does the AAM usurp the underlying OS and not obey the standards with regard to presenting its uninstall routine to the Add/Remove Programs section of Windows?
  3. Is this application necessary if the user is willing to download the updates from the Adobe site?

I have to say that I didn't really like Adobe in the first place, but it's taken me two and a half days to install three of your products.  I've telephoned your company four times and used the online chat three times.  Can't your company get it right considering the huge amounts of money you ask for your shabby software?

Someone asked for a link to register complaints in one of the earlier posts; where's the link?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

@mandelbrot - I corrected my response in reply number 32 from what you quoted in your reply.

Answers:

1. Which product or products are you using? This forum is centered around the Creative Cloud which lets you install all the applications in the Master Collection, Lightroom and the Edge tools. So these are not advertisements, they are providing links to install the software that a customer wants to try (30-day trial) or download (payed subscription).
  2. AAM is required for updating the installed Adobe applications and for the licensing check every 30 days. If you remove AAM then this would not be possible, thus it is not shown in the Window's Control panel. If you uninstall all Adobe software then AAM will uninstall.
  3. Yes you need AAM for updates.

I do not know the specifics of your calls and chats with customer support. Please email me at kenrice@adobe.com with your Adobe ID email and I will review your support cases to see what can be improved.

There is no specific link for registering complaints.  You can post in this forum, or in a more specific product forum if you have an issue with for example Dreamweaver. You can user customer support as you have before. You can email employees directly with your complaints if their email is available.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I can live with all of that if that's the way you want to go well it's annoying but so be it.

What I want to know is why can't this Adobe software see that I have Photoshop installed, and how can it do a successful job of updating my adobe products when it doesn't even know what's already on my computer?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

To be honest, I think that this should be kept in the open forum so that people can see the responses.

The elements I have been installing are:

• Dreamweaver CS6
  • Photoshop CS6
  • Acrobat 10

Bearing this in mind and the fact that my organisation is not participating in the 'cloud', the display of the other elements in the 'master' collection is plainly advertising, especially when it says download trial version; please don't step around this with semantics - this is advertising.

The primary problems with these products are:

• We have paid a lot of money for this software to make our life easier - it didn't, really.  I had to spend a lot of time online (both internet and telephone) just to get the products installed.  Your site seems to be split into sub-domains which make it rather difficult to get what you need when installing or updating software without having to read reams of infromation, hunt for that missing tip or have access to information that may not readily be available in a large organisation such as mine.
  • In my case I was given a software licence key, that's all.  Only by speaking to someone in India (though they were extremely courteous and most were helpful I did have difficulty understanding some of what they were saying) did I manage to download and then install the software.  Not everyone has access to their companies account with Adobe - like me.  One of the help desk gentlemen added me to my company's accounts management list so that I could register and download the software from your site.  Initially, though, I downloaded and installed the trial version which did allow the entry of a key - why did this not work?  Wouldn't this have been far more simple?
  • The AAM doesn't work for me; the firewalls my PC sits behind are heavily restricted, as I would guess are many other's.  To this end I attempted to download the patches manually.  They failed to install, giving a rather ambiguous 'WARNING: DW065: Display requirements not met for {A4ED5E53-7AA0-11E1-BF04-B2D4D4A5360E} Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 12.0.0.0' error in the log file.
  • When installing Acrobat 10 it removed my preferences for my default PDF Reader; Why?  I didn't ask it to.  Thankfully I reinstated the previous default through the OS.  This isn't a choice that Adobe should be making on my behalf - it should ask me.
  • I also don't believe that there should be any services running on my PC if they're not necessary.  Just before you say that they: '...are necessary for the updating and registering of...', they are only necessary, based on the other posts, to update (which doesn't work for me, as stated) and check a user's validity with Adobe.  Checking my validity with Adobe can be done when the program starts so there's no need for a services that further slows my PC down.
  • Dreamweaver CS 6 has so many bugs that it's been a backward step moving from MX 2004.  Why?  I would have thought that you'd learn your lessons from the likes of Microsoft and not release your products before they work properly.
  • More of a minor niggle with Photoshop is the plush interface; why?  Surely your users are paying for performance rather than unnecessary cosmetics.  The first thing I did when I started Photoshop was to turn off as many of the bells and whistles as possible; they're completely pointless.  I haven't used Photoshop much but will probably, based on the issues with Dreamweaver, come across a lot of problems (I'll report them here when I do).

To be honest, I've lost a lot of faith with Adobe.  I use Dreamweaver a lot, as well as Photoshop, but should have stuck with the previous Photoshop CS(1) and DreamWeaver MX 2004, both of which actually worked relatively well.

I look forward to your reply.

Paul.

PS: Your forum occassionally crashes giving me continuous 'Internal Server Error' messages.

Addendum:

Just for further info, the error code fed back by the patch installer is U44M2I218 ... and that's it; not really very useful, especially as I can't find the error code anywhere on the adobe site.

Message was edited by: mandelbrot - additional information.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

We have paid a lot of money for this software to make our life easier - it didn't, really.  I had to spend a lot of time online (both internet and telephone) just to get the products installed.  Your site seems to be split into sub-domains which make it rather difficult to get what you need when installing or updating software without having to read reams of infromation, hunt for that missing tip or have access to information that may not readily be available in a large organisation such as mine.

I agree that the Adobe website is not always easy to navigate. Here is how to install or update products. If there is something else that is not clear please let me know.

There are two ways to find the software to install.

1. Go to http://www.adobe.com. Move your mouse over the Products link in the top left and from the drop-down menu click the link for "See all products". Choose the product you are interested in and go to its product page. On the right side of the page you should see links for Try and Buy. This will lead you to downloading the product as a trial or for purchasing a perpetual license (serial number).
  2. Go to https://creative.adobe.com/apps. Sign in with your Adobe ID, or create one from the Plans page https://creative.adobe.com/plans. Click on the Try (for free trial) or Download (for paid subscription) for a product. The first time you will need to download and install the Adobe Application Manager (AAM). After that AAM will launch, download and install the product.

There are several ways to receive updates.

• AAM will check once every 24 hours for updates. If there are updates it will prompt you to install them.
  • Launch any Adobe product and from the menu choose Help > Updates. This will launch AAM in update mode and check for updates across all products. For example if you launch Photoshop and check for updates, but have InDesign installed and it has an update you will have the option to install the InDesign update.
  • Go to the Product Updates page http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/ and install the update. This page does not cover Creative Cloud subsriber-only product update, but does include all normal updates, bug fixes, and security updates.

In my case I was given a software licence key, that's all.  Only by speaking to someone in India (though they were extremely courteous and most were helpful I did have difficulty understanding some of what they were saying) did I manage to download and then install the software.  Not everyone has access to their companies account with Adobe - like me.  One of the help desk gentlemen added me to my company's accounts management list so that I could register and download the software from your site.  Initially, though, I downloaded and installed the trial version which did allow the entry of a key - why did this not work?  Wouldn't this have been far more simple?

From who did you just receive "a software licence key, that's all"? Do you mean a redemption code that you entered on the Redeem page here https://creative.adobe.com/redeem or do you mean a serial number? Or did you receive the serial number from an Adobe reseller or from someone at work? I ask because if you purchased a serial number from Adobe then instructions are provided for product download. If you entered a redemption code then afterwards you just had to sign in to the Creative Cloud and begin downloading products from the Apps page https://creative.adobe.com/apps.

You say "I downloaded and installed the trial version which did allow the entry of a key - why did this not work?" When launching the product you can do:

• Begin a 30-day trial by signing in with your Adobe ID
  • "License this software" by entering a serial number for a perpetual license
  • Activate a paid subscription by signing in with your Adobe ID.

The perpetual license and the subscription are two different options.

The AAM doesn't work for me; the firewalls my PC sits behind are heavily restricted, as I would guess are many other's.  To this end I attempted to download the patches manually.  They failed to install, giving a rather ambiguous 'WARNING: DW065: Display requirements not met for {A4ED5E53-7AA0-11E1-BF04-B2D4D4A5360E} Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 12.0.0.0' error in the log file.

When installing Acrobat 10 it removed my preferences for my default PDF Reader; Why?  I didn't ask it to.  Thankfully I reinstated the previous default through the OS.  This isn't a choice that Adobe should be making on my behalf - it should ask me.

Reproduced this issue on Windows 7 and posted in the Acrobat forum here http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1086571. Please add any additional information to the Acrobat post.

I also don't believe that there should be any services running on my PC if they're not necessary.  Just before you say that they: '...are necessary for the updating and registering of...', they are only necessary, based on the other posts, to update (which doesn't work for me, as stated) and check a user's validity with Adobe.  Checking my validity with Adobe can be done when the program starts so there's no need for a services that further slows my PC down.

I will pass your feedback on to the AAM team.

Dreamweaver CS 6 has so many bugs that it's been a backward step moving from MX 2004.  Why?  I would have thought that you'd learn your lessons from the likes of Microsoft and not release your products before they work properly.

Please be specific about "so many bugs" for Dreamweaver. You can post Dreamweaver issues in the Dreamweaver forum here http://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver/dreamweaver_general.

More of a minor niggle with Photoshop is the plush interface; why?  Surely your users are paying for performance rather than unnecessary cosmetics.  The first thing I did when I started Photoshop was to turn off as many of the bells and whistles as possible; they're completely pointless.  I haven't used Photoshop much but will probably, based on the issues with Dreamweaver, come across a lot of problems (I'll report them here when I do).

Please share your Photoshop feedback in the Photoshop forum here http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/general.

Just for further info, the error code fed back by the patch installer is U44M2I218 ... and that's it; not really very useful, especially as I can't find the error code anywhere on the adobe site.

I have asked about the U44M2I218 error and will reply once I know its meaning, and how to resolve the problem.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I agree with Mandelbrot, this should be in the open forum, but it seems to be alive here so I'll add one more comment. My understaning is that AAM is "required" for updating, required by Adobe that is. However, I just discovered by chance that there is an update to what used to be Adobe Camera Raw, only it's now known as DNGConverter. So why didn't AAM pick this up. Does this mean that AAM doesn't do anything useful until I find an update for myself? If it doesn't then the only reason it has been installed is so that Adobe can monitor my use of my program, CS PS6.

David

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

it doesn't work properly, my AAM can't see that I have PS installed

View all replies

Translate

Translate