• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud desktop failed to update.(Error code: 50) Contact Customer Support!!

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the update of Creative Cloud Desktop for 40%, I  get the error massage: "Creative Cloud desktop failed to update.(Error code: 50) Contact Customer Support"

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hell Carolus,

1. Maybe you have to activate/deactivate, so please have a look there:
http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html

2, Sometimes, we know in the meantime, the "opm.db file" is the culprit. In this case you should delete it.

3. Did you already try "uninstalling and re-installing"?
Be careful with (de)installing aso. by (de)installing by your own resources. As much as I regret it and as strange as it may seem I fear it's a challenge for Adobe's Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.
Sometimes - for whatever reasons - CC doesn't "want" to work. In this case you should CC completely delete and reinstall by help of Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. (A try to uninstall by own resources is not enough!)
I quote: Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool helps resolve installation problems for Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Creative Suite (CS3-CS6) applications. The tool removes installation records for prerelease installations of Creative Cloud or Creative Suite applications. It does not affect existing installations of previous versions of Creative Cloud or Creative Suite applications.
Please use: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html   and follow the prescribed sequence of operations

4. If necessary and for further questions click through http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and if "open" please use chat, I had the best experiences.

Good luck!
Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnx for the reply, it is installed after the third time.

I had to make my own shortcut and I do not have it in the system tray.

Funny thing is that when I run it, it still wants to update to the new version although it is already version

It thinks it is version 1.6.0.393.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Carolus,

what concerns your "It thinks it is version 1.6.0.393" you should have a look at

1.Launch the Creative Cloud app for desktop, and sign in with your Adobe ID.
2.Click the gear icon, and choose Preferences > General.
3.Click the Account tab.

In my case it's Version 1.6.0.393 released on 05/27/2014

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason the update is leaving the previous versions installed.  The icons on your dock are still linking to the previous versions so you need to find the updated new versions in applications and swap the icons on the dock to the 2104 ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To return to this situation, I looked in the folders it creates when updating.

The last folder is .... Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud_2.7.0.413, this was this morning. "Update failed was the error".

Previous folder was....Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud_2.5.0.393, this was on 17-06-2014 or 06/17/2014, aslo ended with the same error.

When I look tot the original ( the first one) it was created in ....Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud, inhere there is a folder named ACC and there in is the

Creative Cloude.exe file, so the shortcut icon shows to this folder and .exe file.

When it updates it only create a file called "pim.db". I have copied the new pim.db to the original folder Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud after I have renamed the original file top

"OLD_pim.db_OLD".

Executing the Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Ceative Cloude.exe  nothin happens, this means that it does notb recognize the new pim.db file.

I see that there is a Creative Cloude uninstaller.exe, can't I use that and download all again, making a fresh start???????

16:53 hour GMT  The software is functioning correct now. Probably some server that was not running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carolus,

this my thought still persisted, that some of these problems, that we should control "Adobe Creative Cloud Tech specs" see http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/tech-specs.html.

Please reassure.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The preference under  the gear icon is greyed out.

There is this folder "Adobe Creative Cloud_2.6.0.393"in the program files, it is created this morning.

I tried to re-download and re-install, but now I get :

"There seems to be a problem with the file download. For troubleshooting tips, please visit our customer support page.(Error code: 201) Contact Customer Support".

Perhaps tomorrow is a better day. Never had problems with this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines