• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS X Version support by different Adobe programs?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many older Adobe programs no longer supported by newer Mac operating systems, like the current Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.4
What are the most recent Mac operating systems that support the following:
Adobe Photoshop CS5?

Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection CS5.5?

I see Photoshop CS5 debuted in April 2010 when OS X Lion 10.7 was around, and Master Collection CS5.5 debuted in April 2011 when OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 was around.  I would imagine the programs supported later operating systems, but I do not know the final operating system they supported.  I'd love to hear from an expert what that is.  Thanks!    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Programs do not support operating systems... it's the other way around.  If you look up the system requirements for whichever software you are concerned with then it will list the operating system that the software was designed to work with.  Beyond that version you are likely to see the software still able to work, but Adobe would be unlikely to commit to anything but the version indicated by the system requirements.  What you can do if this is really a concern for you is to search Google with terms like "CS5 compatible" and see what options pop up in the search suggestions and then check the most recent system listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ned, You'll see I listed both the debut dates of the two programs I was asking about, and listed the two operating systems that were current at the time of those debut dates.  So my question already contained those answers.  But it is probably a good note from you in case anyone needing to know that comes across this thread.  Good note about using the word compatible in a search.  I'll try that.  Thanks as well 99jon.  I've installed many older programs at my own risk onto a newer system.  This however is for installs I am doing on machines with older OS X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Sierra you can go into package contents to install many older versions of Adobe software.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines