• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC installation hung at "Waiting..." in Creative Cloud window.

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2013-06-17

Downloaded and installed new version of Adobe Application Manager which magically turned into the new Creative Cloud window. Found the Photoshop CC entry and clicked "Install" after which the download took lots of minutes and then switched to an "Extracting Photoshop CC" message which took more minutes. Okay, now it's saying "Installing Photoshop CC." After a few minutes, seems stuck at 70%. After a few more minutes, it's still stuck at 70%.

Clicked the "x" button to stop the installation and waited for the "Install" button reappear. I pressed "Install" again and got the messages "Installing Photoshop CC" followed by "Extracting Photoshop CC" which is still on the screen. Down where the "Install" button was appeared the message "Extracting..." but that soon changed to "Waiting...". After 10 minutes of "Waiting...", I clicked the "x" next to the "waiting" message to cancel the "Photoshop CC" installation. The "Install" button returned almost immediately.

I went to the https://creative.adobe.com site then to the Download Center. I clicked on the "Photoshop" icon and then on the "Download" button on the "Photoshop CC" page. That action fired up the Creative Cloud app on my machine and the download started again. The first message is "Installing Photoshop CC" and the percentage value is increasing (good)! There's a little progress bar in the Creative Cloud window. The display changed from "Installing Photoshop CC (49%)" to "Extracting Photoshop CC..." and where the progress bar was in now the word "Extracting...". After a couple of minutes (maybe 3 or 4), the word "Extracting..." turned into "Waiting...". I think I hate this. The legend at the top of the Creative Cloud window still reads "Extracting Photoshop CC...". After 10-11 minutes, the message "Waiting..." is still there. Someone suggested "close your browser" to get the ball rolling again, so I closed Chrome at 11:47 PM. I still have the "Waiting..." message. I'm going to click "x" and try again. Did so at 11:48 PM. After taking a break (time now 11:59 PM), message is "Extracting..." but at 12:00 midnight the message changed to "Waiting...". What the heck is it waiting for? Behavior is identical to when browser was running. Now it's 12:12 AM and still "Waiting...". I suppose it'll be like this until morning. Maybe I should kill all other processes. Did so but no help. Now it's 12:55 AM and still "Waiting...".

I have PS CS6 and LR5 installed (but neither running) on my Windows 7 64-bit 16GB machine. I'm running Webroot Secure Anywhere.

What next steps should I take to get past this Ps CC installation blockage?

Update 1:36 AM

It's now 1:36 AM and I still have the "Waiting..." message.

There are four copies of "Adobe CEF Helper.exe *32" running and one copy of "CEPServiceManager.exe *32" (a.k.a., "Adobe CEP Service Manager"). Also, one copy each of "Creative Cloud Helper.exe *32" and "Creative Cloud.exe *32" are running.

Thanks,

-- Sam

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Sorry for the inconvenience caused Sam.

Could you try removing the Creative Cloud desktop app using this Adobe Creative Cloud cleaner tool and then login to creative.adobe.com and download the Creative Cloud desktop app and check.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

On MAC rename the below mentioned folders:

/Application/utilities/Adobe Application Manager/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

On Windows rename the below mentioned folders:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience caused Sam.

Could you try removing the Creative Cloud desktop app using this Adobe Creative Cloud cleaner tool and then login to creative.adobe.com and download the Creative Cloud desktop app and check.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

On MAC rename the below mentioned folders:

/Application/utilities/Adobe Application Manager/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

On Windows rename the below mentioned folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE (on 64 bit OS) or

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE (on 32 bit OS)

C:\Users\(User_name)\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

Let me know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2013-06-18 6:30 AM

Thank you, Arpit. With your help I seem to be up and running with Photoshop CC.

I did these things:

1. Manually killed all Adobe processes including a "setup.exe" I had not noticed before.
  2. Used Add/Remove programs to remove the Creative Cloud app and a partially installed version of Adobe Photoshop CC.
  3. Restarted computer
  4. Renamed the two OOBE directories you specified.
  5. I ran AdobeCreativeCloudCleaner.exe as admin but elected to exit when I saw that I'd have to remove Ps CS6 as well as CC.
  6. Restarted computer, again.
  7. Downloaded and ran CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe then signed in and navigated to the "Apps" panel.
  8. Clicked "Install" next to the Photoshop CC icon at 5:58 AM; the installation completed at 6:12 AM with an "up to date" message near the Photoshop CC icon.
  9. I quickly tested both Ps CS6 and Ps CC to see that both would run -- they both did run.
  10. In LR5 I noticed that the "Edit In > Adobe Photoshop CS6" has been replaced by "Edit In > Adobe Photoshop CC"
  11. When I attempted to open an image in Ps CC via LR5, I was told to "Update Adobe Camera Raw" so I opened Ps CC manually, checked for updates -- there were three total including ACR, Ps CC itself, and one other which I think was "something something Extensions"
  12. Restarted computer, again (following advice from updater mentioned above) after which Ps CC seems to work well with LR5.
  13. Deleted the two renamed OOBE directories (step 4 above) after verifying new OOBE directories had been created.

My only problem now is figuring out how to get Ps CC to see my third-party filters (e.g., NIK, Topaz, Redfield). I'll probably just have to reinstall them all.

I supposed I can uninstall Ps CS6 without affecting Ps CC, right?

Thanks again for your help,

-- Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sam for letting us know that the given solution worked. Usually most of the old plugins that worked with CS6 should work with CC but you might take a second opinion from the plugin manufacturer just to be sure.

Yes, you can uninstall PS CS6, in case you don't need it anymore. PS CS6 and PS CC are both separate apps. So, you can use them independently.

Hope that answers all your queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe might think about creating some sort of timeout so that an error could be reported to the user. I'm not thrilled about having to run through all these work around steps. This is a bad first impression for a trial download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, don't want to uninstall and i'm still stuck in "waiting"..... was the same with previous update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2015 Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue now with Adobe CC 2.3.0.151 on Mac OS X. I don't want to go through the process of uninstalling everything, because I already have four working Adobe applications installed. It's just attempting to install another which is causing a problem.

E: Disregard that, it seems I was low on storage space on the install target volume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had more or less the same issue with the last update:  the need to update PS/LR was recognized, but clicking "update" resulted in "waiting".  For ever.  No amount of rebooting, terminated all adobe related processes, etc helped.  After reading everything I could find online over the past few years of these complaints, I resorted to CC Cleaner.  Then to physically removing all shreds of legacy adobe applications and trials.  Finally I had to wipe the entire drive of everything adobe related, and reinstalled from scratch.  Fair enough, as it forced me to get rid of the cruft, but reinstalling and re-registering all of the plugins was awful.

A few weeks ago, I did a clean install of a brand new iMac.  Loaded, plenty of space.  The latest update behaved exactly the same way: updates recognized, even prompting for authentication for adobe desktop to install something, but then interminable waiting.  Again, multiple attempts at cleaning all adobe processes and reboots, logging in and out of CC, etc.  No way do I accept that a clean 2-week old and barely used install has a configuration issue leading to such pathetic installer behavior.  Eventually I just left it, and ~48 hours later, one of the apps had actually installed.  Another ~24 hours later, the other did.

Incidentally, the original machine that gave me trouble also took several rounds of process killing and reboots this time, before the updates finally stopped waiting and "took", but nothing like the multiple day delay on a new server grade low-use cleanly installed machine.

My take home from this is that the creative cloud installation process remains a worthless steaming pile.  Get your act together.  I have far more complex software that seems to struggle significantly less with updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue too. I did all the steps, go figure im having the issue again.

HERE IS A SIMPLE FIX:

(I dont care about the new cloud based library) so when you paste a vector based item from Illustrator into Photoshop the dialog pops up (For Smart Object, Pixels etc) - there is now a new tab on the bottom that says (ADD TO MY CURRENT LIBRARY). Turn this off. BOOM FIXED. I can now go back to editing like normal.

Thanks Adobe for making my day a PITA for reinstalling etc. At least its a simple fix if you dont care to have a cloud library. I have a server to access all my files so its not needed. If you do...then this wont help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i Normally don't do support in forums. I usually just figure it out on my own and keep it moving but someone may need this simple fix information. If you are downloading in creative cloud and it's stuck on "waiting", it could be just your windows firewall blocking the download. Go to "start" and search for control panel... Then at the top right, search "firewall". Click on the firewall status and turn off firewall. You will have to close the creative cloud app, reopen, sign in and try the download again. tada!! So much easier than all those steps. 

Have a great Day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't happen to know how to do this on Mac do you ?

Everytime my Mac wakes up I have to reinstall cloud it's driving me crazy.. Ps currently stuck on cancelling because it was previously stuck on waiting..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines