• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Installing CS on Mac Lion OS

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Mac Lion OS and can't install Creative Suite - I have CS2, CS3 Update and CS5 Update. I have to install CS2 to enable installing CS3/CS5 but CS2 is a powerPC app that Lion doesn't support. Is there a workaround for installing CS5 Update without having to install CS2 first?

Sorry - User malfunction - I didn't need CS2 installed on the system to allow installation of CS5 (that's how I'd always done it in the past - old habits...). Start installing CS5 (not CS2 which is the original qualifying product for the upgrades) and the CS5 installer will ask for the CS5 serial # then it will request the serial number of a qualifying product. It allowed CS3 but didn't have selection for CS2. The CS3 upgrade s/n was acceptable for installing CS5. After that, all of CS5 installed fine and all apps appear to be working correctly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS2 is not compatible with the Mac Lion. CS3 or later are compatible with Mac Lion but there are some known issue , please find the link for the same:- http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/known-issues-mac-os-10.html

Now to install the CS5 there is no need to install CS2 , CS3 , CS4 and so on , Just run the installation of CS5 and when asked for the previous version serial number put it in and your CS5 will be installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines