Problem with Creative Cloud Desktop app since update to Windows 8.1

Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have updated my desktop and laptop to Windows 8.1 over the past day, and have noticed a problem with the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Some menu items when I right-click on either the CC system tray icon, or click on the Settings menu icon in the app interface itself do not show.  I've included a screenshot of the problem.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop app, but this has not worked.  Any ideas?

ccissue.png

If you update to the current version of the Creative Cloud desktop application it should allow you to resolve this difficulty.  For more information please see Creative Cloud desktop has missing text in Windows 8.1 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-missing-text.html.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here as well. Both video card and drivers were exactly the same and working perfectly under windows 7.

I completed a clean install of windows 8 and 8.1. Creative cloud app is completely unusable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this, partially works for me, still can't see some menu's - but at least can install Programs. Cannot see menu to change install path though;

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Check this thread also before using, i only used cleaner tool as i could not find Libraray/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE on Windows 8.1 yet

Let us know if full method works and has all menus?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative and Cloud.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing issues similar to the post above, with smaller floating windows but no dialouge. I uninstalled creative cloud desktop then re-installed- Issue is partly fixed, but now I get this:

http://i.imgur.com/oBaWhlG.png

My system build:

CPU:           Intel Core i7-3770 (Ivy Bridge-DT, E1)

3400 MHz (34.00x100.0) @ 3900 MHz (39.00x100.0)

Motherboard:   ASRock Z77 Extreme6

Chipset:       Intel Z77 (Panther Point DH)

Memory:        16384 MBytes @ 666 MHz, 9.0-9-9-24

- 8192 MB PC19200 DDR3 SDRAM - G Skill F3-2400C10-8GTX

- 8192 MB PC19200 DDR3 SDRAM - G Skill F3-2400C10-8GTX

Graphics:      Intel Ivy Bridge-DT GT2 - Integrated Graphics Controller [E1/L1/N0/P0] [ASRock]

Intel HD Graphics 4000, 2112 MB

Graphics:      GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 Ti

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, 3072 MB GDDR5 SDRAM

Drive:         SanDisk SDSSDHP128G, 125.0 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s

Drive:         Corsair Force GT, 117.2 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s

Drive:         SAMSUNG HD204UI, 1953.5 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s

Sound:         Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C1]

Sound:         NVIDIA GK104 - High Definition Audio Controller

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha.

I did the exact same thing - reinstalled. Got the same message. Clicked on that there blue button hoping for the best. Still can't access the sub-menus on the CC desktop app... at least all the others apps work. Got to get on with work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the setup program for CC desktop is incompatible with 8.1 so it is presumable up to Adobe to fix this. From File Explorer right click on the setup file and choose properties -> Compatibility. Run troubleshooter

Screenshot - 2013-10-29 , 10_38_01.jpg

and you will get the following answer:

Screenshot - 2013-10-29 , 10_38_52.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The CC Desktop App was updated Oct 28 to version 1.2.0.248, this included compatibility fixes for Windows 8.1

See http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.ht ml

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sumit Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but no, it does not help. A bunch of the posts above have mentioned they have reinstalled etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done this but did not sort out the problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download today, did not help. Is this version 1.2.0.248 ?

Screenshot - 2013-10-29 , 14_58_37.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me, i've done this process of uninstalling, cleaning, restarting and installing several times now.

Are there other files to delete?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Could you please Quit Creative Cloud desktop app and follow Solution 2 mentioned under the below article.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/aam-lists-removed-apps-date.html

Re-launch CC desktop app and check if it works fine now.

Let me know in case you still face the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution 2 did not help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Nothing. Did not help. I don't think "Solution 2" was really related with this problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I installed the latest desktop app this morning and the app menu still does not display or work correctly as per the original posters screen grab.

Regards,

Nick.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arpit, solution #2 made no difference.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the ACC application 3 times over. The app hangs mid way and I need to end task using the Windows task manager. When can we expect a fix? ACC is not usable in its current version. Luckily other applications including Photoshop CC and CS6 work without issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly Solution 2 doesn't work.

Really starting to lose faith in Adobe 😕

edit: Should add, I'm on Nvidia's latest WHQL 331.65, latest build of 8.1 (9600)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just asking the supprt keeps on telling me that the new big october update has been released. Well I dont have it.. do you? My after effect for an example is not version 12.1 (the new one) plus I have these issues as well with creative cloud app.

I like the product but ive experienced alot of bugs with CC since it was realeased...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have it. I've tried to force it by looking for Updates from within After Effects, but no luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest CC desktop but still have missing bits of dropdown menus as mentioned above and can no longer install CS6 programes, like PP as I need encore.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Support Team

I have not been able to use ACC for nearly a week now.. that's a week's subscription where I cannot install any apps using CC on Windows 8.1.. see attached screenshot.

Please advise what is actively being done to fix these issues.

cc-on-win81.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have posted to ACC Facebook page too in hope of getting some attention on this problem: https://www.facebook.com/adobecreativecloud?fref=ts

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to add my name to this problem. Totally blank CC desktop app and menus (right click on taskbar and in the app itself). I do get a login screen, but entering my credentials sends me round in a loop so I am unable to download or install anything via the app or from the site. I have Win 8.1 at home - which is where all the problems are.

I have tried all the steps suggested - deleting and reinstalling all the various files (suggested here amongst other places http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/aam-lists-removed-apps-date.html) multiple times with no joy. I've downloaded and cleaned 4 times this evening with no change.

Fix please.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe - at least acknowledge the issue - very frustrating!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive spent more time with adobe support the last 3 days than with my girlfriend... now I get error trying to update

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and uninstalling the app and reinstalling fixed it.

Win 8.1 Pro

Asus GeForce GTX 650

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting the same blank window as you on two different PCs running Windows 8.1.

I followed the link in Post number 36. There was a link there to the download centre http://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud. I downloaded the latest version of Creative Cloud Desktop, installed it (did not bother to uninstall old version) and can now use the Desktop app again. It has the missing menu items others have experienced, but at least I can now update my CC apps again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok this is getting silly now, paying nearly £50 a month - I don't expect to see this on launch.
Untitled-1.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Gettin pretty old tbh.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like to report I am having the same issue with Windows 8.1 (to add to the pressure on Adobe to do something about this issue). Thankfully Photoshop seems unaffected.

Video card: ATI Radeon HD 3870 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)

Driver Provider: Avanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Driver: 8.97.10.6

Driver Date: 20/06/2012

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update did nothing for me either. It took some effort to install it and confirm it was the new version, but once there it behaves exactly like the old one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines