Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems Installing Adobe Illustrator CS4 on Mac OS X Yosemite

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

When trying to install Illustrator CS4 on Mac OS X Yosemite, I receive an error: "required resources are missing."

Previously, I had problems using Illustrator CS4 when I upgraded to Yosemite, due to an error with the plugin "photoshopimport.aip." I had attempted to uninstall Illustrator, but the uninstall also gave me errors.  I ultimately used the CC Cleaner Tool to remove Illustrator.

Now, however, I can't reinstall Illustrator CS4 either!  I use the version provided on Adobe's website, so it's not a problem with a physical DVD.

Any ideas for potential solutions?  Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

it looks like ai cs4 and yosemite are incompatible, http://roaringapps.com/apps?index=a (according to others that have tried).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check the comments here for help, Photoshop & Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, but no concrete solutions yet.  The majority of these discussions are for Photoshop and and CS5/6.

There is, however, someone who has a similar problem ("required resources are missing") with CS3, with no solution either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your log files to see if you can get more specific info about the error, Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After ~/Library/Logs/Adobe/ there is no "Install" folder nor logs...

I think it's because I have CS4: "Adobe Creative Suite 5, CS5.5, CS6, and CC product installers record their actions in log files."

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an Adobe installation log, and it's not hidden either.  I tried installing Illustrator CS4 again, and I noticed that the install fails while ~80% through an "initializing" step.  So, it fails before it even starts to generate an install log!  I re-downloaded it and had the same error.

I did notice that I have some errors in the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool when I was removing Illustrator CS4.  If you look at my first post, I couldn't use it, or uninstall it, so I simply used the Cleaner Tool to remove it.  There are some errors in the Cleaner Tool log, such as this one:

2014-11-02 15:11:19.319 Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool[1573:8801317] The following session will be removed: bf2f18d647916c8449e4a221e4609a2

2014-11-02 15:11:19.324 Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool[1573:8801317] Deleting the payload: {78F4C3FA-BE2D-4392-A98A-68A3498E3E94} from the table ribs_payload and other associated tables for payloads

2014-11-02 15:11:19.324 Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool[1573:8801317] ERROR: Cannot delete the payload due to constraint: {78F4C3FA-BE2D-4392-A98A-68A3498E3E94}

To make things worse, Adobe Support Advisor has been discontinued, which could interpret errors contained in Adobe logs. 

I contacted Adobe support via chat, and they simply told me that Illustrator CS4 was not supported for Yosemite, and did not offer any further help or information...

Any other ideas?  Or am I simply stuck??

Thanks for all of your advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like ai cs4 and yosemite are incompatible, http://roaringapps.com/apps?index=a (according to others that have tried).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah hah!  So I got very unlucky... CS3 and CS5 both work, apparently. 

Maybe there is a short fix that someone will come up with for Illustrator CS4 in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can always hope.  (or the next version of osx may be compatibile.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines