• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signed up for Black Friday - did not intend to use plan for a few months at least, but it already...

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  Is there a way to pause my plan until I am ready to use it?  I didn't want to miss the Black Friday special pricing for all-access, but I didn't realize it would start in effect right away!  I won't be able to make use of it for at least another month or two.  Not sure if Adobe Support reads here.  I could not find a way to simply e-mail them like I could in the past!

Also, I'd like to be able to continue renewing on Black Friday or similar specials, so I am hoping I can delay the membership by at least another month or two so it doesn't bill me before I have time to activate a new special next year.  I can barely afford $29.99, I certainly wouldn't be able to go for the $54.95 or whatever it is normally. ;(

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

The plan is immediate, cannot be paused, has s penalty for early cancellation. Also, special pricing is for new users only, so you won’t be able to renew at the same price. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe that it's possible to paused a subscription.

This is a public forum, not the link to Adobe support. Sorry, but we can't help with that specific question.

You may check with Adobe support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... someone from Adobe did PM me their direct e-mail.  Trust me, I went through that contact page many times, and I just could not find a contact form/email address! 🙂  The only way it had for off-hours was this forum.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do NOT Answer that PM unless the email address that was given you ends in @adobe.com. If it ends with any other Domain Name that person is NOT an Adobe employee and it is a Scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plan is immediate, cannot be paused, has s penalty for early cancellation. Also, special pricing is for new users only, so you won’t be able to renew at the same price. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that doesn't sound too good, does it?  I was banking on being able to renew every year like I do for other licenses that I wait for summer or Black Friday specials on (Steinberg, etc.).  I'll see what they say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is more like a mobile phone company or a cable TV company as far as pricing goes. You get an introductory price when new, but after the introductory period expires, you pay the same as everyone else does. I can't say Adobe would never run a special on pricing for existing users, but I've never seen it done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hehe, good comparison!  Unfortunately, two companies that I don't like (cable is gone, but not wireless phone service).  Anyway, good news - I guess I can't share any specifics, but I asked nicely, and they took care of me! 🙂  I hadn't realized the Chat had a live person who would eventually attend, thought it was the usual automated nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do NOT Answer that PM unless the email address that was given you ends in @adobe.com. If it ends with any other Domain Name that person is NOT an Adobe employee and it is a Scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that.  Yeah I was cautious as I saw it was a regular outlook dot com address.  Ah well I guess I will get onto a few more spam lists at least. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that is a scammer trying to gain your Adobe login ID. Hopefully you didn't include that in your reply to them.

If it was an employee they more than likely would have replied to this discussion and then said they had sent you a PM and it would of had their Adobe email address, Something @ adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep I threw them a red herring, lol (made up account info).  Funny thing is they answered my question, then tried to sell an old (I assume, cracked) CS6 license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines