• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I am extremely frustrated there is no phone support. Everything I have tried has failed. I tried to upgrade the CC and run into one roadblock after another including that it will not install because of Error 50.

I started with

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

However I get an error uninstalling CC that it is complete but with errors, so I research that.

So then I find

As you have tried the steps mentioned on this link "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app

and the issues still persists. I would request you to rename (add .old after directory's name) the following directories from your laptop.

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE
  • C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeApplicationManager

I then try to rename the Common files and I cannot do so because a program has them in use. I try to close Adobe relate programs but it does not work.

I would welcome phone support even if I have to pay for it. I have struggled for 2 hours and have made no progress.  This is pathetic.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact support - For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat or phone option...

Make sure you are logged in to the Adobe site, have cookies enabled, clear your cookie cache.  If it fails to connect try using a different browser.

Creative Cloud support (all Creative Cloud customer service issues)

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_membership-account-payment_change-or-upgrade-your-mem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been to that site, but there is NO option for just Creative Cloud support. Which one am I supposed to choose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Creative Cloud Download & Install

Hi Michael,

I am looping in our expert https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jeff+A+Wright to help you better.

Additionally, you may also see Contact Support FAQ: Unable to reach support through the "Contact US" link since you are having troubles connecting to the support staff.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mytmoss are you not able to reach a member of our chat support team at Contact Customer Care ?  If so then please utilize an alternate web browser, smart phone, or tablet if you would like direct support resolving Error Code 50.  It is very likely the current web browsers security settings, installed add-ons, or extensions are preventing the chat functionality.

I am very sorry Mytmoss that you continue to face Error 50 when updating the Creative Cloud desktop app.  It is very possible that the current errors you are experiencing are also preventing you from successfully contacting our chat support.

The majority of individuals are able to resolve Error 50 by completing the steps listed in "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app Mytmoss.  Were you able to successfully create a new local administrator account, as discussed in solution 3, to attempt to apply the update? 

If so what new error messages did you encounter under the newly create local administrator account?  The error messages from the installation will be contained within the install log.  Information on how to locate the install log can be found at Creative Cloud download and install errors​.

Please update this discussion Mytmoss with any specific errors you discover or if you have any questions regarding how to set up a new local administrator account on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I have NOT received any errors while trying to reach customer care. There are NO choices for getting customer care for Creative Cloud. I have choice of Photoshop, Lightroom and account Issues, something called PHLT direct which I have no idea what it is.

Second I have not seen anywhere anywhere stated to create a new local administrator account. My account is an admin account so it should install.  So am I supposed to set up a new admin account to try this again?

I just checked the install log and there is NOTHING in there past the date of 6/11/17

These were the last entries in that file, I guess for when I was updating Photoshop. This might help give a clue.

WARN: Unable to delete directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe". Error 32 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.. Check and correct folder & parent directory permissions and then try again.

WARN: Warning (Code = 149) executing command DeleteDirectoryCommand

WARN: Failed to load xml C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\PCF\{ACR-9.8-32-ADBEADBEADBEADBEADBEADBEA}..xml. system error:2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06/11/17 21:12:48:780 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDPIM | HDPIMSessionManager |  | HDPIM | 13864 | Inside hdpimTerminateSession

06/11/17 21:12:48:793 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDPIM | HDPIMSessionManager |  | HDPIM | 13864 | Exiting hdpimTerminateSession, successfully closed session '0'

06/11/17 21:12:48:805 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDSetup | AppContext |  | HDSetup | 9404 | Exit Code: 0

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 3 warnings(s)

WARN: Unable to delete directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe". Error 32 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.. Check and correct folder & parent directory permissions and then try again.

WARN: Warning (Code = 149) executing command DeleteDirectoryCommand

WARN: Failed to load xml C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\PCF\{ACR-9.8-32-ADBEADBEADBEADBEADBEADBEA}..xml. system error:2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06/11/17 21:12:48:807 | [WARN] |  | HDSetup | OOBEUtils | CommBridge |  | OOBEUtils | 13864 | Pipe 00000000 not initialized, aborting write.

06/11/17 21:12:48:812 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDSetup | AppContext |  | HDSetup | 9404 | *************************  END Adobe Setup  *************************

This is a very inefficient way to fix this problem, going back and forth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mytmoss thanks for the update.  From the error you posted it appears that the uninstaller is unable to delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe due to it being in use.

In your original post Mytmoss you stated that you had completed the steps listed in "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app​ but then post #5 you indicated you never saw the solution 3 listed in the document.

Solution 3.png

Mytmoss please contact our support team at Contact Customer Care so that your current error can be resolved directly.

If you are unable to contact our support team, in an alternate web browser, at Contact Customer Care​, then please verify your contact information at http://www.adobe.com/ is current.  I can then request that you be contacted directly to resolve the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion. I was not able to uninstall anything. I got the message that it completed but with errors. For the most part I have not succeeded at any of the recommended steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also you added that I should do:

Mytmoss please contact our support team at Contact Customer Care so that your current error can be resolved directly.

If you are unable to contact our support team, in an alternate web browser, at Contact Customer Care, then please verify your contact information at http://www.adobe.com/ is current.  I can then request that you be contacted directly to resolve the error.

For the THIRD time I have asked what should I click on since Creative Cloud is not one of my choices.

My choices are : Account Issues , Lightroom, Photoshop PHLT Direct, Free Adobe Apps and Less Common Options - Which of these should I choose since none appear to be related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mytmoss I am sorry that you continue to face difficulty contacting our support team directly at Contact Customer Care​. 

I have requested that you be contacted via e-mail since there was not a phone number available under your account.  You will be contacted directly within the next two to 3 business days so that the current error can be resolved. 

You can also make arrangements to be contacted via your preferred telephone number once you receive the first e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great and thank you. I also tried to figure out how to check my settings and that did not work either. I appreciate your help very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have waited 3 business days and so far no one has contacted me. I look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My apologies Michael.  I have requested an update on my previous request for you to be contacted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines