• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Will it [Fresco] run on my computer? [Branched]

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone give me advice please. The online support is very inefficient. My son has an old windows 8 machine so I will buy him another laptop to accomodate the creative Apps especially Fresco. However the laptop I am looking at has DirectX12 not 12.1 and a  Intel HD Graphics 4600 display chip. Is this sufficient to run the programs? No one at Adobe seems able to advise me. Help please. Pete.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

The system requirements for each app are different and you need to check each one. Fresco is an interesting case. It is not available for Mac at all, so far as I can see. It is available for iOS (which is NOT MAC) on certain iPad models, and for a very limited set of Windows tablets (the Surface range but not all of it, and two others). It isn't designed for mainstream computers and laptops at all, which is where the mainstream apps run.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Adobe Fresco doesn't run on Macs or PCs. It only runs on iPads, various Windows Surface thingies, or Wacom tablets.

https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you update DirectX to 12.1?

What are the rest of the specs of the computer?

What other Adobe CC apps will he want to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco is currently NOT available for Windows PCs. As far as I know, right now it only runs on Macs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system requirements for each app are different and you need to check each one. Fresco is an interesting case. It is not available for Mac at all, so far as I can see. It is available for iOS (which is NOT MAC) on certain iPad models, and for a very limited set of Windows tablets (the Surface range but not all of it, and two others). It isn't designed for mainstream computers and laptops at all, which is where the mainstream apps run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake. I knew it didn't run on Windows PCs and made an unwarranted assumption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your laptop won't support Fresco.  See  system requirements.

Also refer to the Creative Cloud system requirements.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks. Looking to purchase a more up to date laptop that will run the Apps including Fresco. Anyone know if this will suffice? All help greatly appreciated.It's a Lenovo thinkpad L540, FHD 1080, New 256SSD, i5-4300M 2.6, 8Gb,c of Ram. It has the intel 4600 display chipset or gpu and runs Directx 12 but not version 12.1 as required on the Fresco specifications. Cheers, Pete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Check the system requirements for Fresco carefully, it has surprises. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Fresco doesn't run on Macs or PCs. It only runs on iPads, various Windows Surface thingies, or Wacom tablets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a duplicate post.  I have merged this with your other one. 

As already stated, Fresco won't work on your laptop.  Read the system requirements.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the system requirements for Fresco it does indeed run on windows 10 pc or laptop. Why are people saying it doesn't? Question originally posted was will my intel 4600 gpu chipset cope with the demands Fresco places on it and if I only have DirectX 12 and not 12.1 what difference does it make?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe we are not on the same page.  This is an excerpt from the Fresco system requirements page.

"Fresco is a drawing and painting app built specifically for touch first and stylus powered platforms like the Apple iPad with Pencil, Wacom Mobile Studio Pro, and select Microsoft Surface devices."

No mention is made of laptops.  Sorry.

Dont' forget, Fresco is merely a companion app.  It's used alongside the desktop/laptop giants like Photoshop and Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minimum requirement
Devices
Any of the following devices: 
  • Surface Pro 4
  • Surface Pro 5
  • Surface Pro 6
  • Surface Pro 7
  • Surface Book 1
  • Surface Book 2
  • Surface Studio 1
  • Surface Studio 2
  • Surface Go
  • Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 13"
  • Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16"

Note: Fresco is not yet available on Microsoft Surface Pro X devices. 

Operating system

Windows 10 version 1809 or later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy. The laptop in question will of course be used in conjunction with a HUION H1161 graphic's tablet in order to run many of the creative cloud apps. Naturally the key question here still remains the same will the intel gpu and direct x 12 of the laptop be powerful enough to cater for the Adobe software. Still no-one seems capable of answering this question, not even Adobe themselves!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum.  Adobe staff rarely reply to forum posts and never on weekends.

"...will the laptop be powerful enough to cater for the Adobe software?"
For some apps, yes.  But for some apps like Fresco, no.

Other than Fresco, I don't know which apps you intend to use. So read the specifications for each one,  Acrobat through XD.   I can't make it any plainer than that.  You must read the specs for each app to ensure your equipment meets or exceeds the minimum requirements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The graphic below lists what Adobe says with respect to devices that can run Fresco. When it comes to the Windows OS, only Surface devices or Wacom tablets can run it. 

Why? I don't know, but my best guess is that Adobe designed Fresco for certain specifications and that regular laptops don't provide what's needed. Could be a difference in the RISC in the chipsets. In any case, Adobe itself is saying that Fresco requires a certain computer make and model, and the Lenova ain't in the list.

windows devices that can run fresco.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"According to the system requirements for Fresco it does indeed run on windows 10 pc or laptop. Why are people saying it doesn't?" We're saying that because that's what Adobe say. For some reason you skipped over the "device" section. I can't recommend ignoring that and hoping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, looking at the system requirements it simply states Windows 10 version 1809 or later. Graphics wise it states Intel or Nvidia GPU with Direct X Feature Level 12.1. As previously stated my laptop has an intel i5 4th generation chipset 4600 gpu. Only difference is the laptop only has DirectX 12 and not 12.1. I haven't skipped over the device section at all furthermore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The device section specifically says it REQUIRES:

• Surface Pro 4
  • Surface Pro 5
  • Surface Pro 6
  • Surface Pro 7
  • Surface Book 1
  • Surface Book 2
  • Surface Studio 1
  • Surface Studio 2
  • Surface Go
  • Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 13"
  • Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16"

Do you see a Lenova on that list? Do you see anything on that list other than Surface devices and a couple of Wacoms? No?

You are, of course, free to believe what you wish and do as you please and go ahead and install Fresco on a device that ADOBE does not list as one the application can run on. No one here can give you the information you say you need because it doesn't exist. And no one here will be able to help you if you try, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't mean to be unkind but either you have a problem understanding the system requirements as written  or you are not paying attention to what we are telling you.  Either way, it doesn't alter the fact that FRESCO WON'T RUN ON YOUR LAPTOP no matter which graphics card it has!  There is nothing more to say here except goodbye and best of luck to you. 

I'm out of here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines