• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export & share effect Rack presets

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In every other piece of professional audio software I am aware of, I can share effect presets with others by finding the file, such as "giant_reverb.pst" etc., and sending to someone else who drops it in the same place on their computer, or imports, or whatever.

In Audition 2018, these seem to be stored in a big single XML file. Can this really be true? Is there no way to share? I just spent all day creating presets to share with a co-worker, but now I find there is no way to share just the relevant presets without sharing the rest.

This is a stunning omission IMO, and not realistic for a product that could be used by multiple people in a company, studio, band, etc.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Effects

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just PLEASE don't do this through Creative Cloud like PS, ID, and Ai failed when doing.
Pariah Burke | Trainer, Author, Instructional Designer | InDesign, InCopy, Illustrator, Photoshop, Firefly, Audition, Canva, Generative AI | Accessibility / Section 508, Publishing, Generative AI, EPUB, IFX, more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're looking into this as a feature for a future release. In the meantime, you could work around the limitation right now by adding the rack effects to separate clips or tracks in a multitrack project, then sharing the session file. The other user would need to save each configuration as a new rack preset on their side, but it would contain all of the effects and parameters as you've created them. Not ideal, but will get the job done right now. Thanks for the suggestion and notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Durin, that's a helpful workaround indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's Durin's work-around in video form: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK04qrhTiQs

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years later and still waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This must be an insurmountably difficult thing to implement, otherwise for sure, 4 years later, they'd have figured out a way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

End of 2022 and this is still not possible? Ehhhh

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are paying a lot of money monthly for this feature not to be available. Is there a way to delete some old presets from my list? That is very pleasant.

Votes

Translate

Translate