• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We have to be able to select multiple tracks at once. Otherwise audition will never be a go to DAW f

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please PLEASE work on our ability to select multiple tracks at once. This would be a massive time saver.

Thank you!
Idea Under review
TOPICS
Multitrack editor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. Linking this thread to the product roadmap feature discussions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
25 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, shift click or shift drag to select multiple anything is default for just about every kind of program on the planet. I just shifted over to try mixing a music session in Audition because my Reaper is on the fritz. I can't believe it's not possible to select a group of tracks to move, solo, mute, color, or whatever. Mixing in Audition with this limitation isn't even an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. As I have just posted, it is easier to make a rough edit in Premiere Pro than it is in Audition. Crazy,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pareil, c'est clair, il y a beaucoup de choses à améliorer dans audition...pour l'instant j'utilise encore protools à cause de cela.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click and drag selection box over tracks or cmd click each file on each track you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andrew Baston, that's fine for moving multiple clips. We're talking about selecting multiple tracks here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Curtis Judd, oh yes I see now you can only drag and reorder the full track one at a time. Up voted!
Seems like a no-brainer to have this option....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Curtis Judd made it here to request the feature. C'mon now, let's get this done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hold down command (Mac) you and select with your mouse - you can select all the clips you want. I just figured it out and Ive been using this program for over a year - I do wish Audition and alike were way more intuitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bri Sienk - that's multi-selecting clips. We're talking about being able to multi select tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. This is a huge inconvenience not to be able to select 3-4 tracks to mixdown to present a snippet of a show to my students.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes being able to select multiple tracks all at once is very very important and saves time in so many ways!
Also would be good to be able to auto-map channels from an audio interface such as a mixer board that has multiple inputs/outputs.
As a heavy user of this software, it would make audition perfect for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JOrdan storer - what do you mean exactly? in Audition you can go to the input drop-down menu on each track you want to select which input on your interface/mixerboard it corresponds to. you can do the same with outputs, in the dropdown menu under the input menu. if you want to save how you set each channel with your interface, you can just save the session as a template for future projects using the same interface/board.

or are you referring to something different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ERIK Naumann - we are not talking about assigning tracks to inputs and outputs when setting up a session. We are talking about moving tracks around in your timeline. Say you have 30 tracks...15 voice, 10 music, 5 FX... and you want to move 5 of the FX tracks from positions 1-5 to positions 16-20... you are not currently able to grab more than one track (not clips!) and reposition them in your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, this is debilitatingly limiting. Was looking at Audition as an option for multi tracking across mac and windows platforms, but without the ability to patch multiple or even arm multiple tracks simultaneously, this is a non-starter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so basic but so helpful.
Please simplify the routing of multiple channels to buses as well one click i|o routing.

Thank you!
Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my vote to this and great to read it's under review. After 15 years with Pro Tools I decided to give Audition a go and this functionality is one of the first things I missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please!

I use Audition for my work as a Multimedia Producer at a public radio station.

Being able to select multiple channel would be game changing.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change the color of about 30 tracks and I have to do it one at a time 😞 Please allow selection of multiple tracks! Also, to be able to adjust faders on all selected tracks by the same number of decibels would be awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I predominantly mix for broadcast, radio/tvc's and to not have the ability to group channels to either colour code them or even bring multiple faders down simultaneously is frustrating.

I'd love to see this basic function implemented in audition as I love using the adobe products and dont want to have to change to another DAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... this has been "under review" for almost two years... what's to review!?
Enable multitrack actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost 2023... great to see that the team is on top of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly it's insane that we can't do this. Adobe plz implement or I'll have to switch programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. Linking this thread to the product roadmap feature discussions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

take my upvote!  🙂  and my mutual plea for Adobe to please instate this. Painful to individually send multiple tracks to the same buss or whatever.  Hopefully soon!  lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And allow us to BUS those tracks all at once, Adding a bunch of tracks to a bus all seperately takes ages. It's so silly that isn't an option yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate