• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move multiple markers at once

Engaged ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do a lot of audios with multiple markers and have to move audios several times, adding some more or cutting others.

In this matter, I have to move several markers at once and it is currently impossible. What works though is inserting a silence to move all the next markers at once, but that's not convenient at all because it has to break some tracks.

So having a simple feature that, after having selected several markers in the "marker panel", allow us to move these markers with a duration would be a huge time saving !
Idea No status
TOPICS
Multitrack editor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving multiple markers
It must be possible to move several markers at the same time in such a way that the relative distances between the markers are maintained. Is Adobe not technically capable of implementing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A workaround for this is to add an empty layer like transparent video, adjustment layer, etc. and add your markers to that instead- so then you can add cut points and move it with your clip edits. I'm mostly using Premiere and After Effects but I'm assuming you could add a blank track somehow in Audition and add your markers to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matt, but please try it in the software before guessing. This is not a user forum here.
Markers are global in Audition and not linked to tracks (which would be a non sense for audio)...

Moreover, workarounds are not features. We try here to improve the software with new features, or features that needs painful workarounds to work.

So please vote for this now that you know the supposed painfulness of moving multiple markers at once in Audition :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use markers in Audition and export files with markers and MetaData so in After Effects, I can animate to the script timings. Very often a change request will be made that requires editing the audio and moving several markers together. I can't do it in Audition except manually, one at a time. This is a pain-point. This would be an enormous time saver for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah.. I used to be able to select all markers at the same time on the timeline with other software like Vegas Pro. I was able to move all the markers at the same time while having them all selected. It was super useful. Can't figure out why adobe doesn't have this feature. It's been a feature on Vegas Pro for at least a decade! Lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS! This works in Premiere Pro. Can ou (ADOBE!) please make it work in Audition? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Literally one of the better options to NOTHING for YEARS and the guy get's scolded. WTVR (whatever)

Votes

Translate

Translate