• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automation Follows Clips

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to write automation (effect sends, EQ moves, etc.) on audio tracks (and bus tracks, but that's too much to ask, I assume) and have that automation be tied to the clip when I move it around the timeline. In podcasting we are constantly editing the timeline right until the mix is exported. In video, the timeline is locked so it's not an issue.
I know that ripple delete kind of achieves this, but when you just want to move one clip and have the supporting sfx or music stay in place, that isn't an option. As it is, automation is completely unusable for podcast production, and that's unfortunate. If we want to throw to a reverb for a clip we actually have to copy a new version of the clip to a new track with reverb, so that it will move in sync when we select to the end of timeline and move clips around.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Multitrack editor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
14 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE Adobe, I beg of you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this please be a feature! It would make things much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be a godsend! Please implement this as a feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I assumed this was in the works ages ago, and if it is not, I cannot comprehend why not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly it's embarrassing that something advertised as "professional" software doesn't have this basic, essential feature when every other major DAW has had it for many, many years. The lack of this feature makes my work slower and less flexible. If you want Audition to be treated as a viable Audio mixing platform, having automation move with clips is crucial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this request has come up multiple times in the past. Adobe, WE NEED THIS. Its so inconvenient to do work that needs a change after the TEDIOUS WORK of dialing in automation only for it to need to be redrawn.

On top of this, we should be able to highlight multiple points in the automation and drag them all simultaneously if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this program professionally and so far this is the biggest problem. So much so that I might have to go back to Pro Tools. It wastes so much time to make changes because I have to select automations lanes individually and shift it to the new position of the clip. I can't even select all the automations lines at once when dragging a selection box over it.

The only way I can see to do this is at the moment to shift click the first and then the end automation point of that particular line/envelope and then click again and drag it to the new position.

Please Adobe, I really like this program , but this is making me look slow.

Most audio programs have this as a standard feature, please add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this. I came here to write the same and I'm glad to find other people are asking for it too. Not having this feature makes perfecting work an arduous task. It becomes such a pain to have to meticulously move automation after adjusting assembly.

I want to keep using audition because I love it, but not having this is very irritating

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of this basic function makes the work with the program slow. All professional DAWs have this feature. Why can't Adobe fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that ripple delete kind of achieves this, but when you just want to move one clip and have the supporting sfx or music stay in place, that isn't an option. As it is, automation is completely unusable for podcast production, and that's unfortunate.

If we want to throw to a reverb for a clip we actually have to copy a new version of the clip to a new track with reverb, so that it will move in sync when we select to the end of timeline and move clips around.

http://www.sfrelationshipcoaching.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that ripple delete kind of achieves this, but when you just want to move one clip and have the supporting sfx or music stay in place, that isn't an option. As it is, automation is completely unusable for podcast production, and that's unfortunate.

If we want to throw to a reverb for a clip we actually have to copy a new version of the clip to a new track with reverb, so that it will move in sync when we select to the end of timeline and move clips around.

http://valleyallstarmoving.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty similar to this

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911314-audition/suggestions/35131300-please-make-ripple-del...

In my eyes, this is not a feature request. This is an outstanding bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping for visibility. 

It can be frustrating that this is not a feature. It makes the process of using automation completely inflexible and can make workflows inefficient. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't disagree with any of this at all, but there are a couple of things you need to be aware of:

Firstly, this is a U2U forum that the developers rarely, if ever, visit. So if you bump things for 'visibility' you are doing no more than frustrating a load of people who've already seen it.

Secondly, you need to be aware that the developers don't have a free hand in what they can alter or improve. This is very much dictated by Adobe Corporate, who canvas the large-scale (think up to millions of seats) users, and will ordain what they want, not what we want. Unfortunately that is an approach, dictated by economic reality, that we can do nothing about. If you are a user in a corporate environment with a lot of seats, then it's the person responsible for purchasing CC for your organisation that is the person to get to - not anybody here. And they probably are not an end-user, so you are going to have to sell it to them. The approach I would consider would be to make a case involving major time-saving, which for many people would probably be pretty accurate.

Yes I know this is all frustrating, but unfortunately that's the way it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate