• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An option to attach markers to clips in multitrack view, rather than attaching them to the timeline

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently in Audition's multitrack editor, markers can only be attached to the timeline. It would be helpful to have an option to attach markers to individual clips, so that when those clips are moved in the timeline the markers move with them.

The only way to achieve this right now is to go into waveform view and place a marker there. This is pretty inconvenient and involves a lot of clicking back and forth between views.
Idea Started
TOPICS
Multitrack editor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Latest update - 

Hi all, glad to share that we have released Clip Markers for Multitrack in Audition (Beta 23.3). The details can be found here https://community.adobe.com/t5/audition-beta-discussions/introducing-clip-markers-for-multitrack-in-...  Would appreciate your feedback on the workflow! 

**********************************************************************************

Hi all, The team has prioritised implementing clip markers in multitrack mode. Will send out an update once the relea

Votes

Translate

Translate
67 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a feature of Markers where the marker follows the content it is placed in/around when you move that content, rather than being stationary in the audition file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clearer(?).. markers in a segment in the Multitrack should show at the top (like timeline markers) and move along the timeline, with the segment, when the segment is moved.
This would solve a lot of problems when trying to compose in the timeline by moving the segments along as needed.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Audition for animated film projects and exporting individual mixdowns for each camera shot makes it very easy to animate the exact amount of time, render the exact amount of time, and by placing the render right at the camera shot marker, there is no hastle for timing.

Except that now it's been decided to add 5 seconds at the beginning and if I want the markers to line up still I have to move every single one,

By hand.

This is ridiculous.

This small lack of functionality has caused me an additional load of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toward the initial request, I like the idea of attaching a multitrack marker to a specific clip. Right now, Markers are strictly time-based and global. If a marker were "attached" to a clip, would you want to see a line overlaid on the tracks from the marker flag at the top to the clip it was attached to? Or simply a different "style" of marker flag to indicate it was a clip marker and not a global marker?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William - This seems like a different issue than the original request, and I'm not sure I entirely understand the problem you're describing. Would it be possible to start a new UserVoice item, or email us directly at audbugs@adobe.com and we can troubleshoot further and figure out what's happening? Screenshots or a screen capture video might be very helpful into helping us understand what you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please prioritize this, Adobe! To make sure the issue here is clear: when working on a multi-track mix, we want to be able to select both clips and markers simultaneously, so as we move content around, the markers related to that content move with it. I think many of us would like to have that as an option which we can turn on or off, because sometimes markers are useful as signposts on the timeline and sometimes (far more often) they are useful as signposts within the content itself as it is edited, moved, mixed, etc.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Needing markers that move with audio clips. Wasting a lot of time repositioning markers to realign to correct audio when marked audio has to later be edited,. eg I do a lot of vinyl to CD and digital, and have to mark tracks for CDs and mp3 export. Often vinyl recording is interrupted and sections have to be edited after tracks have been identified by markers. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be incredibly useful. I use Audition to edit podcasts. I use markers in multitrack to indicate parts of the show that wouldn't always be clear from just looking at the audio at that point. Obviously the editing process is a moveable feast. I might remove part of the podcast near the beginning and shuffle everything up. But then I need to manually move each marker and put it in a new position. Having the option to move markers *and* clips at the same time would just save a load of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is old, but I agree. Similar to Premiere, we need the ability to place clip markers while in multitrack.

If you're not selecting a clip, marker defaults to a track marker. If selecting a clip, marker defaults to a clip marker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just Tweeted about this today and I really would love this to be added. I work on audio podcasts & documentaries and markers are essential. It gets quite annoying when you want to move things over but the marker stays in the same place in the multitrack. Giant headache. Please add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d also like to add that the timeline markers on premiere travel when clips are cut or gaps are ripple deleted. This would be the least Addition should do, if not offer the ability to add markers to clips. I also work on podcasts and this is excruciatingly annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do this Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. This behaviour should be the same as in Premiere. It's a real pain when working with multiple audio clips and you're trying to align things to certain beats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully agree, this functionality is desperately needed in my work. Also agree with Sonja above, at least allow the makers to move when parts are ripple deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely needs to happen. When I record my podcast, I mark parts that I need to correct in post but as soon as I make one edit, all of the markers become misaligned, and they become more off as I continue making edits. Even adding my intro music sequence puts all of my markers off by almost a minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes agree with this, but thanks for the tip about putting the marker inside the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature would be incredibly helpful. I essentially use these markers as note taking to mark spots when editing multiple files at once in the multitrack view. I often use the "stretch" to shorten the playback speed and decrease time spent going though audio at normal speed. when the markers get added in this mode they stay put when the audio is stretched back to normal speed. I have tried using the markers in Waveform view and adding them there, but the markers don't import into the same spot after stretching back to normal either. The lack of this feature is a huge shot at productivity and *organization. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems this is a duplication of https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911314-audition/suggestions/37768249-marker

I would suggest one of them is removed so that they don't compete for upvotes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a duplicate of my request. Seeing as this request has more votes, I will remove mine, but encourage those who have voted on mine, also to vote on this!

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911314-audition/suggestions/39321043-an-option-to-attach-ma...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing that link Andre. I have voted on the other request and encourage anyone who has voted on this one to also vote on the other request as mine has fewer votes. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please! I've just discovered that this apparently isn't possible. Still wondering is there is something wrong with me for not being able to make it work, because it seems essential.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would make Audition so much more useful. Please add this feature or somehow allow a marker to be anchored to an audio clip. It would help so much with rearranging an audio story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES. Why has this not been done yet? Or if it has, can you fix this? Like many of the others I don't want to faff around with the waveform when I'm using the multitrack.

Votes

Translate

Translate