• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An option to attach markers to clips in multitrack view, rather than attaching them to the timeline

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently in Audition's multitrack editor, markers can only be attached to the timeline. It would be helpful to have an option to attach markers to individual clips, so that when those clips are moved in the timeline the markers move with them.

The only way to achieve this right now is to go into waveform view and place a marker there. This is pretty inconvenient and involves a lot of clicking back and forth between views.
Idea Started
TOPICS
Multitrack editor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Latest update - 

Hi all, glad to share that we have released Clip Markers for Multitrack in Audition (Beta 23.3). The details can be found here https://community.adobe.com/t5/audition-beta-discussions/introducing-clip-markers-for-multitrack-in-...  Would appreciate your feedback on the workflow! 

**********************************************************************************

Hi all, The team has prioritised implementing clip markers in multitrack mode. Will send out an update once the relea

Votes

Translate

Translate
67 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this doesn't exist. Get on it, product team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe this functionality doesn't already exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised this doesn't exist yet and only has 47 votes so far. I imagine a lot more people want this and just don't know where to look. I've seen this discussed many places over the course of what looks like many years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many votes to Adobe do this? Cause this "feature" looks so standard, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for this. So infuriating this isn't possible.
MVP should be to highlight a number of markers and move them to a new time location, e.g. the start of a moved clip.
Better would be to apply markers to a clip, or to one track, and be able to independently move markers associated when you move the clip around. Ideally, these markers would use the Track Color to match visually.
Best would be if global markers and markers on other tracks were hidden/greyed out based on the current selection, making it clear which markers are relevant when selecting audio.
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Using timecode, I mark in the track where events should take place (lighting, pyro, etc), I need those to move with edits in the MUSIC, not be stuck to an arbitrary spot on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE finally introduce this basic feature that is taken for granted everywhere else.
And give us bins. A feature that has been promised for 5 (?) years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this issue is so annoying , please add this feature!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't understand why something that would improve workflow a great deal wasn't seen as important a long time ago. I need the workflow boost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with this. 2 years on and you still haven't fixed this. It wastes a lot of time going back and moving markers once you edit audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adobe can please have our markers attached to the audio in multitrack and they move with the selected piece. When adding in the intro, my markers are all out. Seems this has been asked for over the years too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need that function as well. I don't understand, why Adobe doesn't listen to users needs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy ****, is there no fix for this? I found a setting in the "Markers & Metadata" setting that allows you to "Lock markers and metadata to the timeline" with a toggle on and off. I turned it off, but the markers don't move whenever I move the clips... wtf Adobe, when you edit a podcast, you listen through it once, make notes on your markers, then go back and add effects and music based on those markers. When they don't move, you are constantly hunting for the next marked spot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Please fix this. Countless hours are going to waste in the world by moving perfectly placed markers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is shocking to me that it's 2021 and this functionality still isn't available.

I'm a professional audio journalist with several years experience at NPR, as well as producing multiple podcasts for member stations and media organizations. Please believe me when I tell you this one change would be SO HELPFUL TO EVERYONE.

This is the one feature that keeps Audition from being a perfect DAW. *Please* give us the option to anchor markers to clips. The current workarounds make markers far less useful than they should be, and push people toward other DAWs that can do this, like ProTools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cut the clip and change colour to yellow or something, to indicate I need to go back and sort that bit out later, or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The inability to anchor markers to clips in multitrack is insane. I literally want to change DAW. Why can't Adobe fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I produce an internationally aired radio program five days a week. This function is so needed. I really like Audition, but not including this feature is just silly. PLEASE add this to the application!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't happen soon enough. There are only near 70 votes here but imagine how many people have just done the research and given up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a professional podcaster, this would be extremely useful. Especially in the COVID era where many of my guests and hosts are remotely recording.

The markers are in multitrack from the entire session. But then I move and edit clips, and I would like the markers to be "pegged" to one of the tracks so they always line up with the same content.

I'm adding markers as we record, so I know where edits are going to be for a largely "direct-to-tape" pipeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on guys. Is it really hard to do?

Markers move together as you edit your audio content, it doesn't seem like an impossible thing to fix, and it really does feel like a basic function.

I think this topic is not reaching the team to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a campaign to more votes.. maybe adobe listen to us. Frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve tried to share this on Twitter and Reddit a few times but nothing seems to be happening…

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, markers are rendered useless if I can't move them along with the audio. Please add this functionality!

Votes

Translate

Translate