• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the language of the Creative Cloud desktop app

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When downloading and starting the installer for the Creative Cloud desktop app, there should be a simple drop down menu to change the language of the install and the Creative Cloud app.

Reasons why:

- As a professional, i rarely (if ever) google anything in my native language. If i have a problem or need help with professional software, i google it in english. The communities, forums, subreddits, youtube channels etc. are usually communicating in english. That is why i need the creative cloud desktop app to be in english.

- The apps themselves can be installed in english. The creative cloud desktop app should not be an exception.

- Some users will set language options to different than OS default in order to learn languages. I like having any professional apps in english to more effectively communicate to english speaking colleagues. If i have to translate terms from my native language in the desktop app to english, i might mess it up.

- Helping other colleagues/students with their work is easier if the apps are consistently one language.

- In terms of design, it also feels more coherent to have all apps in the same ecosystem be the same language. Having creative cloud in my native language, but all the other apps in english is somewhat bizarre.

Reasons why not:

- I can´t find any.

Thank you.

Idea No status
TOPICS
App installs and updates

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Hi @qerkristian, thanks for articulating your reasons why this is needed. I've heard from a couple other users on this forum asking for the same capabilitiy. We've added it to the roadmap - hoping to make it available later this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @qerkristian, thanks for articulating your reasons why this is needed. I've heard from a couple other users on this forum asking for the same capabilitiy. We've added it to the roadmap - hoping to make it available later this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is just one more lacking feature that baffles me. Switching the language should be a simple dropdown menu in any app. Instead we need to reinstall entire applications or change registry entries with text editiors.

Votes

Translate

Translate