• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show Update Size and allow Pause (not Stop) on active updates

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is baffling to me in 2024, that one of the biggest media production suites, has such a terrible Install / Update experience.

Simply put, when one of my Adobe Apps receive an update, I want to be able to know whether I can commit to an update or leave it for some other time where my PC will have *supposedly enough* idle time for the update. I do not want to gamble whether Adobe CC Client can finish a given update, by the time I complete my other tasks elsewhere.

Some must have, basic features that are software industry standards for ages:

- Show users the update size for the software in Adobe CC Client. I want to know whether the update is a 5 minute patch, or a 30+ minute feature update. No, stating "Improvements to the Text Based Editing process and speed using AI features" does not give me an idea. 

- Allow users to "Pause" updates. Currently, the only option is to "Stop" the update, which cancels it out entirely, removing the already downloaded files, requiring you to start anew. So many times I had instances of updates taking way too long, but because there is no way of limiting how much bandwidth Adobe CC uses for updates (despite there being one for file syncing), Adobe CC just hogs my entire bandwidth, rendering my entire home network useless for the duration of the update. There is nothing more infuriating than having to scrap a long update, because something came up that I needed the bare minimum internet for.

- Allow users to set bandwidth limits for Software Updates, the same way there are limiters for data syncing with the cloud. Or at least there used to be, now that I check, that's been removed from Preferences as well. It really should not be acceptable that I have no control on whether Adobe CC just hogs my entire network bandwidth or not. 

"Just do it when you go to bed" is not a solution, when most people prefer to turn off their devices when they are not in active use.

Idea No status
TOPICS
App installs and updates

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for these suggestions, @KaanGT . We're working on improving the updates process this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate