• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support for Nikon NRaw

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please get support for Nikon's NRAW codec? Resolve and Edius already have it cooked up and ready to go. This reactive rather proactive approach to codec integration is really disappointing. First it was Prores RAW (still ongoing issues) and now NRAW. How about Adobe show Nikon shooters a bit of love here?
Idea Started Locked
TOPICS
Import and ingest

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Hi all, 

I would like to let people here know that we have paused work on adding N-RAW support to our video products. When we have an update to share on potential future support for N-RAW, we will update this thread. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate
69 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro cant import Nikons new Z9 N-RAW file format. please make it compatible ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has just come out, but it's an accessible, relatively affordable 8.3K 60fps & 4K 120 raw camera, with pretty good compression that seems to edit very well on Resolve - so it could well prove to be popular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Z9 can ONLY do 8k/60p via N-RAW; ProRes RAW can only record up to 8k/30p. We have a use case that requires 60p frame-rate, and if at all possible we would rather NOT have to use Resolve to convert the footage first... before bringing them into Premiere. It's an extra workflow that significantly slows us down. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add Nikon N-Raw support as soon as possible. Otherwise, your competitors will be siphoning all your Nikon customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for Nikon Nraw is critical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to have to cancel my adobe subscription if Premiere doesn’t soon support NIKON NRAW, and go with Resolve. This is ridiculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every day I learn Resolve just a little bit more. Please support N-RAW soon. The Z9 isn't ubiquitous, but it is in the hands of a lot of people right now that are loving its video features. N-RAW is now the only format I shoot in, and I absolutely love it. I will leave Adobe if I have to. It has been out for months now and we get nary a peep from Adobe about supporting it, meanwhile plenty of other programs have supported it for some time now. You're driving us into the arms of BM and away from Adobe. Get it fixed.
Join me at National Park Guided Tours!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Throwing my hat in there with the crowd regarding the critical need for NRAW support. I am a member of numerous Nikon social media groups and the VAST majority of video shooters Ive interacted with edit with Adobe and we all assumed there would be reasonably fast support for NRAW when buying the rather expensive new flagship Z9. PLEASE prioritize development on this ASAP. I dont think any of us want to switch platforms to DaVinci but there isnt much choice when its the only game in town.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really sure why this hasn't been implemented - but it is giving me reason to use resolve more and move away from CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can Adobe Premiere Pro be considered a professional NLE contender when it doesn't support the files coming out of one of the larger camera brand's cameras?

One would think that Premiere would have been ready to go with NRAW before NRAW was released, not a year after. Perhaps Adobe should repair its relationship with Nikon so this can happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have stopped using Premiere completely because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro quickly becoming an also-ran for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been using Premiere Pro for 13 years and it pains me to have to switch to another program. I am hoping that Adobe integrates N-Raw and full Prores Raw compatibility (WB controls) into Premiere Pro soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently been forced to purchase Resolve Studio because of this issue, and the day is fast approaching when I will not be renewing my cc subscription. I'm also discovering that Resolve has more to offer me, and much better performance too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you define 'Critical' as moving to another program because Premiere does not offer it, then yes, I would call it critical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we as a community decided to invest in a subscription-based model for Adobe products, it was with the understanding that Adobe would provide regular and timely updates.

The fact that we need to buy competitors' products to work with a professional format is very disappointing.

Is there not enough demand for it (there are, after all, only 33 'votes' as of today on this issue)?
Is there hesitation because of the lawsuit filed by RED?

Perhaps there are reasons behind that scenes that we are not aware of, but regardless of the reasons, the fact that Adobe is merely "interested" in supporting this format while competing companies have already implemented their solutions means that we must rely on those companies instead of Adobe.

I have always relied on Adobe, but in this case, that is unfortunately no longer possible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon isn't going to get rid of N-Raw at this point. They will settle with Red in some way and it will be here to stay. The Z-9 is a fantastic hybrid camera and will only get better. N-Raw is a very promising codec. I can edit B-Raw, and Prores Raw in the premiere so it seems like this shouldn't be a big ask. Like everyone else on here if Adobe won't support it then l will be headed to Davinci also, and from what I'm hearing that may not be a bad thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would really love to make this happen and push this to the top. Great codec and really would love to stay within the adobe platform to edit. Currently have to deal with a handful of work arounds to even make it usable which isn't ideal. The z9 changed the game for a lot of people on cameras, and I feel like would grab the attention of a ton of users that are using this camera and codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

나의 Z9이 어도비로 인해서 날개를 달수있게 도와주십시오

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When are we going to get support ?
Are we going to get support ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IntoPix has updated its SDK for TicoRaw. Support for NRAW may be coming soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I couldn't wait any longer for N-Raw support in PPRO. I just ordered DaVinci Resolve Studio 18. I did not want to resort to this. I hear it has a huge learning curve. But, I can no longer wait for Adobe (see my post below from June).

I will not be renewing my annual subscription to the entire CC package next April, since by then I expect to be adept at Resolve? I'll probably only keep the photography plan.

So Adobe: I am yet another lost customer who shoots Nikon. You've lost me because of your refusal to even commit to supporting the Nikon N-Raw video codec.

I've been an Adobe user and subscriber *forever*, but, your inaction on Nikon N-Raw has forced me to move on. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am with John Hixon, there is no way I will be subscribing to the full adobe cloud because it does not support N-Raw looks like I might also have to choose the DaVinci route

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second the others, and just to say, once I cancel Adobe Cloud, there would also go my subscription to Adobe Stock/assets.

The fact that a free program, Davinci Resolve (not Studio) can play, edit and color for free, and paid Adobe suite cannot do it is mind bugling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quarter of a year later and there is no update that can be shared.

Votes

Translate

Translate