Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Bitmap destination relative to sbs path

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

We'd like to set up a template that configures the bitmap export path to be relative to the sbs path, so that any graphs we create from this template default to exporting textures next to where each sbs sits on the hard drive. Looks like if I use "./" for the setting "export/fromGraph/destination" in the sbs as the path, it will be relative to some kind of working directory (possibly it's the root of the version control that's configured as working directory? I haven't figured out where that working directory comes from.)

I found a post in the discord here asking about this from a few years back so I was hoping it's been implemented 🙂

https://discordapp.com/channels/179919948569640960/179930516265369600/803629401736609832

Hi <@!323597398851190785>,
The Relative To/Absolute options you can find in Substance Designer mostly relate to the way paths are saved in SBS packages and SBSPRJ project files.
The **Destination** field in the **Export outputs** window uses *absolute* paths. If set by the user, this path is saved in the SBS package and will *persist* in this window across sessions.
That being said, you can use the **Pattern** field to *dynamically name subfolders*.
For instance, you can use the **Destination** field to set the main project export folder, then set subfolders per graph using `$(graph)/$(identifier)` in the **Pattern** field

Idea Under review
TOPICS
Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Hello @356581403mol,

This is a topic that is not frequently asked, but asked for a long time, and I can definitely see this being added to a Quality of Life update. We'll discuss about this.

Regards,

Status Under review

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @356581403mol,

This is a topic that is not frequently asked, but asked for a long time, and I can definitely see this being added to a Quality of Life update. We'll discuss about this.

Regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe
Status Under review

Votes

Translate

Translate