• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

45 Degree Guidelines

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm setting up a modular grid and I want to change it into guides, but I want to set guides at 45 degrees as well as horizontal and vertical guides.

I know that the lines I have drawn (Magenta and Cyan) can be converted to guides, but ideally, I would like the guides at the 45-degree angles not to extend past the top, bottom, right and left-hand edges of the rectangle.

Is there a way a fast way of doing this?

I have attached 4 screenshots any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Screenshot 2019-03-21 at 15.37.34.pngScreenshot 2019-03-21 at 15.37.48.pngScreenshot 2019-03-21 at 15.37.57.pngScreenshot 2019-03-21 at 15.38.04.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

It looks like you're containing the 45° grid in a clipping mask there at some point. If you're not, go ahead and do that. If you are, with it selected, click the Divide button in the Pathfinder panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Draw your 45° lines using the Line tool and then convert them to guides using Guide>Make Guides (Cmd+5/Ctrl+5).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you're containing the 45° grid in a clipping mask there at some point. If you're not, go ahead and do that. If you are, with it selected, click the Divide button in the Pathfinder panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant that worked thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines