Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A drawing I copied and pasted looks different when I click on it

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have another copy/paste issue. When I copy this drawing into another file and zoom in, the purple lines of the drawing are different; I can see blue lines around the purple that aren't touching it and I believe those are where the original lines were before I smoothed them using the smoothing tool. In the original version the blue lines they go perfectly around the purple lines which were all created using the blob brush tool. Can someone please help?

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried switching your GPU preview mode..?

Ctrl + E (PC) Option + E (Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are zoomed 60.000%

What amount of detail are you expecting? Nobody will see that.

On top of that: are you sure that this isn't a Large Canvas document? In that case all your issues would make sense. Just create a canvas that has the regular size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I realize that for some reason the purple lines should be inside the blue lines perfectly. The blue lines are the most recent smoothed versions of the line or where it should be but as you can see the purple line is not fitting within them and it looks wrong. Does that make sense? The purple lines are not smooth when I look at the picture. It looks distorted. I don't know how to fix without beginning again. I don't know what a large canvas document is? What is a regular size canvas and how can I make that? Thank you SO much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you not read what @Monika Gause said, you are zoomed in sooooo much that you will see discrepencies.

The first one you mention is viewed nearly half the amount of zoom.

Screenshot 2022-10-27 140715.pngScreenshot 2022-10-27 140636.png

That's probably why it looks different..? 🤷‍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You make a regular size document by using one of the presets in the new document file dialog box. Make it A4 or Letter or something like that.

Normal Illustrator files have a Canvas size of slightly less than 6 m by 6 m.

Large Canvas files are 60 m by 60 m. (m = meter)

As soon as you enter a new page size of more than the normal canvas size, you get a large canvas document.

When searching for Illustrator related help, search for "adobe illustrator helpx" followed by whatever you have issues with. "Large Canvas" leads you to  https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/large-sized-artwork.html

Please learn how to do basic things in this application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blue line is your actual vector path, that shows when selected. Click in area circled to see your layer options, here you can change the color of the layer selected items. The blue square in layers further helps one confirm the layer color.

MikeGondek_0-1666879100049.png

Did you try Sisham's first suggestions, as the GPU preview is buggy on certain graphics cards. Also try Ctrl Y to toggle into outline view, there you will see your actual vector path (which should be the blue line if GPU preview is working correctly)

You also might try resetting your prefs. I did not see anything here, bit have heard this went away for poele restting their prefs, So will let you compare yours to mine.

MikeGondek_1-1666879606617.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all! Sisham's original post worked. I don't have the best graphics on this laptop so it was in GPU mode and I just had to find where to change that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines