Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 2015 - Units-Bug

Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Today I updated the Adobe Illustrator program to the latest version in 2015, and after printing to Postscript me mysteriously changed decimals units shown.
The document has not been good. But now I have a bad drive everywhere.
E.g. I see the new document: A4 Paper is 210 00 mm x 297 00 mm and  Bleed is 0 000 mm.

I use the Czech version of Windows PC 8.1 64bit.

Chyba rozměru při tisku do Postcriptu.JPGNastavení souboru-jednotky.JPGPreferens.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Hi,

We have released a WINDOWS ONLY hot fix today that fixes the issue of corrupt preferences. Please go to Creative Cloud application and download the patch CC 20151.1 (19.1.1)

If you do not see the patch in the Creative Cloud application wait for the refresh cycle to be over or you can sign out and sign in to force refresh the list of available patches.

Regards,

Ashutosh

On behalf of Illustrator Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike and Renato for your advice. The problem with CC2015 was impossible to live with, so I never got beyond the “playing around” stage. So thankfully I had no production work saved in CC2015 before I went back to CC2014.

I can’t just change my PC to American settings, it will affect too many non-Adobe things that I regularly use, so I must wait for a proper fix.

So dear Adobe – please get this sorted out. You keep sending me marketing mails telling me about all the exciting new things in CC2015, and I’m really looking forward to the new release. Do let us know on this thread when CC2015 is usable outside the US, so I know when I can try upgrading again!

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the language of the localized version of Windows to English US - is to creating additional problems for users. For example: troubles with non-English text in the native Windows Notepad and some other programs. I think in the localized versions of Windows, the system language must be installed local (in my case - Russian).

off-topic:

I myself am a developer, so these words are addressed to the leaderships of Adobe company, not for programmers team of Adobe Illustrator:

Are you worried about what your users spend their time, nerves and money wasted?

And does it matter that the reputation of the company quietly changing?

Illustrator CC-2015 is so beautiful. I say this as a expert in prepress and JavaScript developer. But spoon of tar spoils a barrel of honey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? Changing system wide settings to work around a bug in one or two apps? This is by far the worst advice I have ever seen.

Earlier this year I was thinking of moving to Serif or Corel, now might be a good time to take the plunge...

Take your responsibility and fix this now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: I got the confirmation that the bug has been fixed and that the fix should be included in the next update.

I didn't get any ETA for the update though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too, but if i just input using decimal point instead of comma (like "1.0"), the stroke input box still says a way off value like "1 000" pt but the stroke itself is correct.

DagH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DagH,

You have to change settings in Control Panel, Regional Settings, then it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I will refrain from changing my Regional Settings as much as I can as it changes the way all my other applications are behaving.

DagH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choices are yours :-). May be (hopefully) Adobe will fix this bug soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope it did'nt work for me but I'm running on Windows 10 so I suppose the most clever thing I can do now is to commit suicide or install my new home in Patagonia.

It's always seem to be fixed, but for no reason the unit bugs come again.

Also my pref file is always corrupt whatever I can do.

My collegues don't seem to have been confronted to this bug for now, but fingers crossed because it will mean the end of peaceful days of work (they are "noober" than me).

Sooomeeebodyy saaave uuus ?

😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works with win10, at least it worked with me. Try to reboot comp. But if you have English version installed, there should not be any problem, because comma/dot settings should be the same in win and in ai.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Think the problem is that I've a french version and I've got settings that requier to be carrefull about some changes on the whole system...

Hope for some upgrade soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have released a WINDOWS ONLY hot fix today that fixes the issue of corrupt preferences. Please go to Creative Cloud application and download the patch CC 20151.1 (19.1.1)

If you do not see the patch in the Creative Cloud application wait for the refresh cycle to be over or you can sign out and sign in to force refresh the list of available patches.

Regards,

Ashutosh

On behalf of Illustrator Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update certainly seems to remove the problem. Thank you Ashutosk!

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Finally, I use it again decimal separator ','

Too bad that the update does not fix this bug. - Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 - Recolor Artwork bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have this problem in Illustrator CC 2015.3.0 (20.0.0) 64-bit. Not in other CC products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating my Windows 10 to WIN10 Home version 1607 got same problem few days ago! Not solved yet! HELP! At this time I have Illustrator CC 2015.3.0 Release 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this issue is still a problem. It’s not just irritating; it makes working with Illustrator difficult and less efficient.

So far as I can tell, Illustrator swaps the decimal symbol with the system digit grouping symbol (or thousand separator). Consequently, the software multiplies numbers automatically as they are entered (not always in the same manner; with comma as decimal and point as grouping symbol, it seems to multiply by ten, i.e., 2,5 become 25, with comma as decimal and space as grouping symbol, it apparently does times one thousand).

With United States regional settings, point as decimal and comma as grouping symbol, the Illustrator app accepts numbers correctly. But of course this is not a solution. Other applications on the same system will call regional settings, e.g., basic spreadsheet tools, and need to work correctly as well in all international versions. (Comments were made about this over a year ago on the Adobe forum…)

This issue did not occur in previous versions of Illustrator and does not occur in other Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Photoshop and InDesign. – Maybe solutions can be found there.

Also, other CC programs, including Illustrator, handle periods and commas as interchangeable decimal points. Entering 4,5 or 4.5 both result in four and a half. – Which is genius when you’re working in varying regions.

So, is it a system related issue? A preferences/units problem in Illustrator? A decimal or ‘missing decimal point’ problem?

Some additional/optional information below.

Examples

Enter 4.5 as the width in the Transform panel and it turns into 4 5000 cm. Here, unit preferences are set to centimeters, but the issue remains with points or other general units settings.

160809-Transform_panel-Illustrator.jpg

Trying to take this into account and typing a space instead of a comma, 4 5000 becomes 577 9911 cm. I’m not sure if this is actually five million seven hundred seventy-nine thousand nine hundred eleven centimeters (thousands divider in wrong place), i.e., 5 779 911, or five hundred seventy-seven and nine thousand eleven one ten thousandth of a centimeter, i.e., 577,9911 or 577.9911 (comma decimal or point decimal respectively). Either way it’s much beyond my artboard in Illustrator all of a sudden.

Well, maybe there’s no need to compensate and substitute decimal symbols. However, if I enter 4.5 as I did first, and click on the object to continue working or press tab and continue, my 4 5000 cm becomes 577 9911 cm again. Depending on proportion constrain setting, both width and height or first height, but eventually both will change to that value.

General Preferences also displays value in a strange way… 45 7200 cm as Keyboard Increment… 0 00°… 0 42 cm. Basically, any number in Illustrator is afflicted.

160809-Preferences-Illustrator.jpg

160809-New_Document-Illustrator.jpg

System and application settings information

I am using the English language version of Illustrator in a US English Windows OS (details below). My numbers format customization in Windows is, however, set to comma as decimal symbol and space for digit grouping. My location is set to Belgium.

160809-Numers_Format_Windows.jpg

The problem is not document specific; decimal points or commas keep vanishing in new documents, whether I restart the software or both software and the whole system or not.

I have also uninstalled and re-installed Illustrator, however I did, so far, keep preferences, and have not tried re-installing the entire Creative Cloud suite.

System information: 64-bit Windows 10 Pro version 1511 operating system, Build 10586.494, running on a Dell XPS 8500 Intel® Core™ i7-3770 x64-based processor, CPU @ 3.40GHz, with 16 GB RAM installed (info file available).

Software information: Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3.0 Release 20.0.0 (64-bit); no further updates available at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, but changing the locals and decimal presentation doesn't work for me.

Working with illustrator is really frustrating with an issue like this..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exactly same problem..and changing commas did not work. This is really frustrating, as I have a deadline..what is the solution Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop updated Win 10, so I rolled it back..and that helped! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After hours of searching for a solution, I FINALY FOUND IT. I just installed a previous version of Illustrator and now everything works just fine . here is how to install a previous version :Install a previous version of any Creative Cloud application .

Or just search "how to install previous version of cc apps".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, today I've experienced the same problem. Illy 2015.3, Win 10 64bit, Czech Republic setup in Win.

The problem started when I set up my Brother inkjet printer as default in Windows. It got fixed when I set up Adobe PDF as default printer back again. Works ok even if I have comma in "Decimal symbol" in region settings in Win. Anyway, it is a bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tomáš Haman schrieb:

Hello, today I've experienced the same problem. Illy 2015.3, Win 10 64bit, Czech Republic setup in Win.

The problem started when I set up my Brother inkjet printer as default in Windows. It got fixed when I set up Adobe PDF as default printer back again. Works ok even if I have comma in "Decimal symbol" in region settings in Win. Anyway, it is a bug...

Is Avast Antivirus on your machine?

Try and uninstall it, use a different antivirus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling Avast! antivirus solved all my problems with Adobe Illustrator like missing decimal point, bad "New document" dialog form and Libraries also work fine again. Thank you Monika.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I didn't try to uninstall Avast. I can see from other posts that uninstalling Avast helps. Anyway, is it Adobe problem or Avast problem? I pay for both and I want to use them both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines