• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 2022 download

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm looking for a link to download adobe illustrator 2022.  Adobe has broken their program and it no longers works efficiently for me after 26.2.  Someone at me shop acidently updated to 2024 (also trash) and now I can't find the link to Adobe 2022 in "install older versions".  Can someone help please?  

TOPICS
How-to , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the link on prodesigntools.com does not work, then you cannot get it unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even see any illustrator download links on prodesigntools.  The worst part is I have 2022 on my laptop but need it on my workstation to print some files.  Is their anyway to install it on a desktop from a laptop without installation files?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you cannot just move it somewhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is awful.  I never dreamed in a million years a company could just make a change overnight, throw a monkey wrench into your workflow, and have no solution to your problem.  If it wouldn't have updated it would still be fine. It wasn't broken. Now it is. Tough luck. Pretty much cloud based software in a nut shell. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is 95% volunteers. 

The application will not update if you turn off automatic updates. As for version 2024: what is it that keeps it from running? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been broken since 26.2 for me.  I work with Large Files for vehicle graphics, wall murals etc.  In Adobe Illustrator 2023 it began to freeze when trying to open some of the files I use everyday.  I can't export as a tiff,  if I accidently ctrl copy a blank artboard it would sometimes freeze and crash.  Now that 2024 is here I can't save contour cuts in adobe anymore.  I can designate a color in adobe and call it 'contour cut" and my machine will know to cut that color and not print it.   If I even open a file and save in Adobe 2024 it ruins the file and i get a "no cut data" error. I have to save and do all design on my laptop (Adobe 2022) then print on my workstation.  If I need to make any edits, I have to go back to my laptop, resave it to our personal cloud, and then print on our workstation.  Essentially my laptop is the last barrier to my shop screeching to a stop next time I have to print and cut something.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all automatic updates turned off on my computers.  The computer we print from is a shared desktop and no one will admit to updating it. We re-installed 2022 when 2023 broke our computer and now 2024 has sabotaged us and we have no 2022 download. It's fine, accidents happen, I just can't believe there isn't a way to download Adobe 2022 when you can download even older versions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of system specs does the computer have and how old is the machine? When outputting print jobs are you using a separate large format RIP application or are you trying to print directly from Illustrator?

The current version of Illustrator has somewhat higher performance requirements than the immediate past versions due to some of the new 3D features. I use the current version of Illustrator to do all sorts of large format work, such as designing vehicle wraps, billboard ads, etc. The computers I use at work and at home are just a couple years old and have pretty stout hardware.

On my own setup I have no problem with the current version of Illustrator allowing the creation of custom spot colors to apply to objects for contour cutting. The only thing that has changed in Illustrator related to spot color is the removal of Pantone spot color books (I saved backups and added those back into appropriate color books folders).

If contour cutting isn't working from files created in your copy of Illustrator then there could be something wrong with the contour cut spot color settings. Usually a "CutContour" custom spot color swatch has to be re-created in an upgraded install of Illustrator (unless the swatch was saved and baked up). It's either that or you might be trying to use contour cutting on a print/cut job that won't allow it. For example we have a new Latex printer that can print white ink. Unfortunately Onyx Thrive won't allow contour cutting on any jobs with white ink. We discovered that quirk very quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshul_Saini can you please take a look at the issue with large files and have it investigated?

@Bobby Henderson this is about large files - do you perhaps have a tip about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, the oldest version of Illustrator that you can install is 27.0. Here's more information about installing older versions using the Creative Cloud Desktop App:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines