Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator for Mac Sierra?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I have CS6 on my computer, but I did an upgrade to Sierra, and then, Illustrator doesn't work anymore. As Indesign and Photoshop CS6 still work on Sierra, I don't want to subscribe to Illustrator CC, because then I will have to upgrade to one of the newest versions of Mac, and Indesign and Photoshop CS6 will not work anymore. 
So, my question is: it it possible to get a version of Adobe Illustraor for Mac Sierra? 

Thank you in advance for your help, 

Jenny

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try and open it?

Is reinstalling an option? There's an article on getting around installer incompatibility:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

If you get errors regarding Java SE 6:

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/dreamweaver-java-se-6-runtime.html

(the article is about Dreamweaver but Illustrator users had the same issue with some combination of OS and CS6)

and

https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_US

Lots of people seem to report having CS6 work fine under Sierra/High Sierra, but also many report issues. It's unfortunately difficult to spot a pattern or provide any certain solutions, but there are lots of things to try if you search the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug, 

Thank you for your tips! I will look at them. 

When I try to open Illustrator, it says "Illustrator can not open the files". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are just the files, but does the application launch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, when I try to launch Illustrator (and not to open files, so I click on Illustrator icon and not on files), it says "Illustrator can not open the files" and doesn't launch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines