• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator Freezes When Opening New File or Existing Files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Illustrator has suddenly started freezing when attempting to create a new file or open an existing file on my iMac Pro with MacOS Monterey 12.3.1 with the latest Adobe Illustrator.

It seems to be a GPU issue as Illustator works in CPU. I have re-installed Illustrator, Creative Cloud and even the entire MacOS operating system after a suggestion by Adobe support. I have also cleared perference files, caches and ensured permissions are correct.

On my latest chat with support I was instructed to downgrade my operating system as they are aware of the issue however downgrading isn't easy on a Mac and feasible.

What could be causing this issue? Illustrator has been working well under the latest updates up until this week, so its quite sudden. Are you aware of the issue and working to fix this?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. If you suspect is a GPU performance you can disable the "GPU Performance" option on Preferences > Performance.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU performance is an absolute neccessity when designing, and turning it off should not be any solution. CPU is clunky. There is no point having a state of the art computer system if the software crashes when trying to use GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The point of disabling the "GPU Performance" option is to know if that is the problem and then you can focus in fix the issue.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. That was how I discovered it to be GPU related. They have acknowledged there to be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @RYPEA,

Sorry to hear about the freezing issues. This is not the experience we want you to have. Would you mind sharing a few more details like:

This information will really help us. I am looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator v. 26.2.1

I have also attached screenshot of the About this Mac window and Spindump.

I will private message the SPX file now.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @RYPEA,

Thanks for sharing the details. Would you mind checking if you turn on GPU performance after updating macOS 12.4 and updating Ai to v26.3.1 helps resolve the issue or not?

Also, in multiple cases, we have found that the issue is related to third-party fonts. Clearing fonts caches, validating fonts, and removing 3rd Party fonts may help in resolving this issue. The steps are shared here.

Please confirm if this helps you out.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines