• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator Keep On Crashing

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help I cant use my illustrator because it keeps on crashing! I already updated the app, tried the old versions and did the clean uninstall but still no luck. It allows me to create a new file or open a file then it will hang then it'll close.

Here is my computer specs. 

Levz_0-1712845700327.png

Levz_1-1712845730297.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's crashing when you open a file?

Check your printer. Is a default printer set up? Is that printer turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Levz,

We understand how frustrating it can be to encounter crashes in the middle of work. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://adobe.ly/3xxMihg) and checking if they help? Also, kindly submit the crash report using your Adobe email address and share it here for quick tracking. Steps are shared here: (https://adobe.ly/3xxVn9S). We appreciate your time and patience in helping us resolve this issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crash report pop-up doesn't show when the app crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Levz, It sounds like you're encountering persistent crashing issues with Illustrator on your laptop. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this:

• Run Illustrator as Administrator: Right-click on the Illustrator shortcut and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu. This can sometimes help resolve permission-related issues that may be causing crashes.

• Set Adobe PDF as Default Printer: Even if you don't have a physical printer, setting Adobe PDF as the default printer can sometimes prevent crashes. Follow the instructions in this article to set up Adobe PDF as the default printer.

• Create a New Admin Account: Sometimes, crashing issues can be related to user profile corruption. Create a new administrator account on your laptop and install Illustrator there. See this Microsoft support article for instructions on creating a new admin account.

Try these steps and let me know if any of them help resolve the crashing issue. If the problem persists, we can explore further troubleshooting options.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your response. I don't have a printer. And yes it's crashing whenever I open or create files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By clean install did you use the Creative Cloud Cleaner to fully remove your app & prefs then reinstall.

If this is happening in multiple versions of Illustrator you might have something wrong with your cloud app, or some other offending app is running on your computer. Did this work in the past, was any new software installed?

Set PDF as a default printer. Ilustrator likes to have a printer set or will crash.

Lastly if needed

OOBE RESET WIN

Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app  (100% you must do this)

C:\Users\<user folder>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE 

The AppData folder is hidden in Windows by default. See Show hidden files, folders, filename extensions | Windows for instructions to access it.

Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.

Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mike. It only happens to my laptop. I already reformat my device and still the problem persists. I don't have a printer so I don't think that is the problem. But I'm going to try it. I'll give you an update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines