• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe tutorial files default and open in CS6

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do the Adobe tutorial files default and open in CS6 and not the latest version of Adobe CC?

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Hi if you not have anyother version in your computer then it will open in latest version or you can check edit file open compatible for it...regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if you not have anyother version in your computer then it will open in latest version or you can check edit file open compatible for it...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding

I do have both CS6 and CC2 020 installed on my computer ( in case the internet has an outage)

I don't understand why the program wants to open in the earlier version of CS6 when the tutorials have been made in CC 2020. I have CC2020 open therefore, one would think that the program would default to whatever version is open. Is anyone else having this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the physical tutorial files on your computer then you can change their "open with" association to make sure they open with the version of your choice. You didn't say whether you are on a PC or  Mac but I can provide the way to do this on a Mac. Click on one of the tutorial files on your desktop and use the keyboard shortcut Command-I. This will bring up Get Info dialog. With the file still selected click on the "Open with:" pull-down menu and select the version of Illustrator that you want the file to always open with. Then before closing the dialog check the "Change All…" button. This will then make it the default for all files of this type to open with the vesrion you chose.CHANGE DESIGNATION.png

See https://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-file-associations-windows for how to do this with Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for your assistance, it is much appreciated

--
Thanks for watching 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines