Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After updating too illustrator cc 2019 its very slow

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Recently I bought a new Mac book pro 10.13.6 High Sierra. I have installed Adobe illustrator cc 2018 and recently I updated it to Illustrator CC 2019.

After updating its Opening a file and saving files are extremely very slow. I feel like I'm working in Illustrator 8. Any solution for this?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

I did have the problem once. It seems that "keep the previous preference" (or whatever it actually says) during updating from the older Illustrator version is the main culprit. But now it runs so well and without having any problems. Here's what I did:

1. Uninstall Illustrator v.23.
  2. Install the earlier version.
    I did try reinstalled the v.23 again, and the problem still occurred. So I installed the earlier version instead (I installed the first CC version, v.17). And then...
  3. Reinstall Illustrator v.23

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 140 Replies 140
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are not aware of a workflow that is slower in CC 2019 compared to CC 2018. Please contact chat or voice support to get this resolved. Someone needs to have a look at your machine to understand what is going on under the hood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ho do I contact through Chat or Voice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohmnath​ Please help Fayaz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone at our office who updated to CC19 are experiencing lagging in Illustrator. Speech dictation is off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep... same here - we just tried the uninstalling old versions and re-install new one... no difference. Out of memory and couldnt create preview messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my illustrator is slow and crashes constantly since updating to 2019 - is there a patch or update available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

my illustrator is slow and crashes constantly since updating to 2019 - is there a patch or update available

Just today there was an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really? is this why i cannot open illustrator at all now? In my app panel it doesn't say there is an update available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I have a new Macbook Pro and the 2019 version is just slow. for some objects.  Copying and Pasting objects.

I need to work back in the old version!

It seems that again updating is a bad shittxy thing.  everytime something will be updated something isn´t working. STOP THAT SHIT.   We need fast programs that we know and not many stupid features you add in your updates and ruin our loved Adobe applications        

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get either the PARM error or "not enough memory" - which i used to get that msg, but i was still able to select the vectors now, nothing works not even the main toolbar as in ILLUSTRATOR>QUIT is not even an option, quit is faded. i have to force quit everytime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just slower. It's MUCH slower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/General+ZOD  schrieb

It's not just slower. It's MUCH slower.

Please contact support:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Launching is slower but saving seems like a crash — kicks off the pinwheel then takes 2 minutes and 12 seconds of pinwheel to get to the Illustrator specs page, then another 1 minute 8 seconds to actually save. Just to test, I moved the text 2 pixels and hit save. Another 1 + minutes for the save to actually happen. Pinwheel the whole time. Fast machine, nothing wrong "under the hood." After Effects is also slower opening and saving, but nothing like this Illustrator problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here in my work.

"Launching is slower but saving seems like a crash".

I will delete all than install again.

Our machine is very actual - iMac 27" 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing... super slow an having losts of issues with Creative Suites since updating to the 2019. I've been on off with tech support for the 3-4 days each time taking hours.

My machine is a MacPro (32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3, 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5) and no issues until I updated.

I've deleted, reinstalled, repeated, no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a printer installed, set up as default printer and turned on?

If you don't have a printer, install a PDF printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a printer installed. Saving a PDF has always been fast until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So tired of this company. Cant' stand them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Illustrator is so slow it is unusable. Uninstalled and reinstalled again with no avail.

Not only it is very laggy. It behaves like it registers mouse click late. The first click has no effect. the second often behaves dragging the object with the cursor.

SOLVED

Speech dictation interferes with Illustrator. deactivating it all went back to normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol why on gods green earth would speech dictation affect Illustrator? How bizarre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few months back, Indesign was rendered idiotic because of a geeksquadsecurity tool. I called Adobe and the only possible solution for all of us to go back-it's not only slow,there are things seasoned users will scream at—tools gone, an enire new learning of a tool that took decades to master, all in the effort ofwhat Adobe, to appear to be making changes—stop—no needed. Again, use the older version of illustrator and let them know you are not happy with their "revisions".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we revert to an older version? I checked my 2017 & 2018 folders and the application is gone. I only have custom brushes and presets in the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open your creative cloud application from system tray, click Apps tab, find Illustrator, click arrow next to it, choose second option (menagment, administration... i have other language version) and choose Other Versions. Choose Illustrator CC 22.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came back to my studio after the holiday break, hoping there would be a new update and install.  Nope.  Still broken 23.  I tried it again and same problems, molasses slow and seems to freeze with little provocation.  Back to 22 again.

Please fix this issue.  Please create a new fixed version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines