Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI 26.1 - GPU preview unavailable when switching back from outline preview

Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this bug has resurfaced again in the latest AI 26.1 update. Really annoying as I switch back between GPU prview and outline preview very regularly in the work I do. Have to close and reopen the document to get GPU preview back. Does anybody test this stuff before release?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. We've tried to fix this issue in our latest pre-release build 26.2. Please install the build from Beta section of Creative Cloud Desktop app and share your observations with us. 

SrishtiBali_0-1648131518157.png

Looking forward to your response!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti

Just downloaded the Beta and it's still got the same problem. Not fixed unfortunately 😞

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deleted User 

Could you please confirm that the beta build you installed was 26.2? 

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, 26.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I've done some more thorough testing on my system and can confirm (for me) that the 'fixed' 26.2 Beta exhibits exactly the same behaviour as the 26.1 full release i.e. I still have the problem.

However here are some behaviours I can explain.

I run Illustrator on a Dell Alienware 15R3 laptop, that has 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, Nvidia GTX1060.

When I run Illustrator using the laptops built-in screen @1080p everything works absolutely fine. When I run Illustrator whilst using my main work monitor which is an LG 27" LED display running @2160p UHD, the screen preview will NOT return to GPU preview after switching to outline mode. However, if I start Illustrator from just my laptop screen, then switch over to my external monitor using windows+P it all works fine. So this is a kind of workaround BUT, I never had to do this workaround before and always just used my external monitor with no issue.

So it looks like this bug has something to do with using an external monitor with a laptop on Windows 10?

Hope this helps shed some more light.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure it's only related to screen resolution. I have the opposite situation: a UHD laptop screen and a 1080 external monitor. Naturally, it works fine on the external monitor, but not the laptop screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be right there Doug. It's still a bug though that wasn't there a couple of weeks back. I've also reported my findings to uservoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to your deduction about screen resolution Doug, I did another test on my external monitor:

1080p - works fine

1440p - not fine

2160p - not fine

So you're right, it is a resolution issue. I'm going to report it as such on uservoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOLD THE PRESS!

I've just had the 'pre-release' tab become available in my Creative Cloud desktop app - previously I only had 'Beta'. I've installed Illustrator pre-release v26.2 and can confirm the bug has now been fixed (for me anyway).

Can anybody at Adobe advise on when v26.2 is likely to release in full?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the 26.2 beta on my Alienware X17 R1 notebook. The animated zoom bug is still present there. I don't have any external monitors attached. I'm just using the 17" UHD 120hz screen. Just a few days ago I updated the RTX-3070 video card with the latest GeForce game driver and updated the notebook's firmware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bobby. The issue is down to screen resolution not an external monitor. Took a fair bit of testing to come to this conclusion. So because your laptop has a UHD screen that is why the issue persists. Unfortunately the 26.2 Beta does not have the fix patch in it. Only the 26.2 pre-release version, which you  have to get access to via the user voice platform: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42443869-view-u...

This has been a right pain in the butt, but hopefully when 26.2 releases properly it will all be over! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember the distinction exactly, but I think Beta is a feature demo that every user gets access to, whereas Prerelease is for testing actual point release versions that you need to sign up for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Doug, your spot on with that one. I had to sign up with 'pre-release' to get access to the 26.2 download with the fix in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Usually the pre-release version follows the beta cycle. It's the final go-round of testing before the build gets rolled out as the offical public release. I don't know if it varies with other users, but I can download beta and pre-release builds of Illustrator in my Creative Cloud application. That's a little more convenient than having to download the application build from the Adobe web site. I guess it's at least a promising sign that the bug is getting narrowed down to ultra high resolution displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines