Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI 26.1 - GPU preview unavailable when switching back from outline preview

Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this bug has resurfaced again in the latest AI 26.1 update. Really annoying as I switch back between GPU prview and outline preview very regularly in the work I do. Have to close and reopen the document to get GPU preview back. Does anybody test this stuff before release?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does this problem occur with all files? Also, what OS are you running Adobe Illustrator on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Yes, all files. I'm running on Windows 10 21H1, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Intel Core i7-6700HQ.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm noticing this on Windows 10 too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! It´s a big issue as it slows the work flow down to 30% of my time! Our whole design department cannot work with animated zoom which means: clickling more tabs, wasting time just for getting a proper view. It costs time and money! And nerves! Get it done, Adobe, now! It´s your point of lack! The previous versions were fine!

Steps already done:
- New installation of Adobe Illustrator 26.1
- New graphic driver installation
- trials by mouse, graphic tablet > same error

- Windows Surface Studio 2, Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Version: 30.0.15.1179
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 MHz
- (RAM) 16,0 GB
- Graphic tablet: Wacom Intuos P S, Version: 6.3.34-3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I tried it on my Windows machine but couldn't replicate this issue. Could you please share a few more details to like:

• NFO file
  • Are you using multiple screen setup? If yes, please share the specifications of external screens. Also, please check how it works if you remove the external screen.
  • Is there a tablet connected to your machine? If yes, could you please check by disconnecting it? 

We're here to help!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Not sure what you mean by NFO file?

Not using a multiple screen setup, just a single UHD 3840 x 2160p monitor. Everything was working fine before the last Illustrator update.

Thanks

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get real Mrs. Bali:

It´s not a matter of the user. It´s a matter of a failure / bug in Illustrator V26.1 in use woth GTX 1060 (Perhaps other graphic cards can cause the same malfunction.)

We are many (paying) customers. So, get it fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it's to do with high-PPI displays rather than individual graphics cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope! Definately not, Doug! Firstly: Believe is somewhat religious. It´s a matter of fact. Fact is: we are using the same system since 3 years. No problem at all. Hardware + software = fine.

After the update (done 9th of March 2022) to Adobe Illustrator V26.1 this malfunction appears. Exactly in the same way as the thread writer  describes. So please solve it or give us a way to use the animated zoom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're saying it's not related to high-PPI displays?

I'm saying 'believe' because that's what I suspect based on past topics on this bug and my own testing. If I open Illustrator on my 1920 x 1080 display, I don't experience it. I'm not disputing that the bug was introduced with version 26.1 (though it was also apparently introduced -- and fixed -- by sequential releases of version 25)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

II can certainly exclude the ppi resolution as a cause of the disabled GPU animated zoom, once after outline view mode switched back to normal.

Surface Studio 2: https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/surface/business/surface-studio-2 28"  Resolution setting: 4500 x 3000 px. Imagine that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: Yes, I read the requirements before asking: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well: You mean, I have to reduce the resolution to work properly? Sry, I don´t think, this is the reason for working with high-res displays and doing precision work in Illustrator. Don´t you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not telling you to do anything. I simply said I believe this bug is not specific to a certain graphics card and affects high-PPI displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I think it's a safe assumption that a large proprtion of the graphic design / artwork / digital art industry will be on high-PPI displays surely. And anyway in 2022 I'd say it was a probably a push to say that UHD was high PPI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, probably a safe assumption.

And anyway in 2022 I'd say it was a probably a push to say that UHD was high PPI?

By @Deleted User

You know what UHD stands for, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh c'mon, yes, but a lot of Apple monitors are using resolutions in excess of UHD. Is it not more likely that this is a bug in the Windows version of AI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a retina Mac to check unfortunately, so I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We didn´t have this malfunction in previous versions. What do you want me to do to solve this problem?  As an end user, don´t have the chance to fix a bug in Adobe Illustrator. So, I kindly ask you to forward this big issue:  Adobe, go get and solve this animated zoom malfunction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We didn´t have this malfunction in previous versions. What do you want me to do to solve this problem?  As an end user, don´t have the chance to fix a bug in Adobe Illustrator. So, I kindly ask you to forward this big issue:  Adobe, go get and solve this animated zoom malfunction.

By @Deleted User

There is nothing we can do except provide Srishti with feedback, post to uservoice, and wait.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, your absolutely right on that one Doug. Nothing we can do about it except suck it up and wait. It's a fundamental issue that actually does cause productivity issues for people that need to switch between outline and GPU previews. Something I do a lot as a packaging artworker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an end user, don´t have the chance to fix a bug in Adobe Illustrator.

By @Deleted User

And neither does Doug.

At least 95% of forum participants are just normal users. Only people marked as "Staff" are indeed staff. If you want to tell the engineers about a bug, use Uservoice. You don't need anyone to "forward" anything to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same bug resurfacing on my Windows 11 machine.

- Windows 11 Pro - 21H2

- Nvidia RTX A4000 GPU

- Multiscreen setup (mix of 4k and 1200p)

- Wacom Intuos Pro

It's disappointing to see this old bug reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported this on Uservoice like Monika Gause suggested. Let's see what happens in next update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines