• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Ai-CS4] How to add an art board to existing document ?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all,

can anybody suggest me how to add a new artboard to existing document? I didn't find any ArtBoard Palette in CS4. But in CS5 it is given.

thanks,

D.A

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

The Artboard panel is new to AiCS5. In CS4, a new artboard can be added by doing either of the two:

1. Pick the Artboard Tool and click-drag it in the canvas area of the Illustrator document.

2. Pick the Artboard Tool, click on the 'New Artboard' button in the Control Panel. Then select the desired size from the list of Artboard Presets in the Control Panel and then click in the desired area of the canvas to add a new Artboard.

Hope this helps.

Neeraj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click on the Artboard Tool to draw new artboards

addArtboardCS4.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select the artboard tool, you can then option+drag  the current artboard to duplicate it.

I had forgotten too, but I found the answer when I double clicked the artboard tool and looked at the artboard options.

Oops, a minute late with my answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Artboard panel is new to AiCS5. In CS4, a new artboard can be added by doing either of the two:

1. Pick the Artboard Tool and click-drag it in the canvas area of the Illustrator document.

2. Pick the Artboard Tool, click on the 'New Artboard' button in the Control Panel. Then select the desired size from the list of Artboard Presets in the Control Panel and then click in the desired area of the canvas to add a new Artboard.

Hope this helps.

Neeraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Big thanks to all of you.

D.A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hold Shift when you start dragging the Artboard tool to create nested artboards. Without Shift it will move the current artboard when dragging inside.

I love the Artboard feature. Along with the other things I also use it as a better alternative to saved views, Ctrl + 0 fits the current artboard on screen and to make it current just click in it. And since screen and artboard usually don't match there si always space to click outside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines