• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI file background

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I have downloaded a flare AI image. It says it has a trabnsparent background, but it actually has balck chequers. I just need to place the flare on a solid colour background. How do I save the asset to place on top of a colour?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

I've made a video about this kind of files: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiqm5hdQA5A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Hi @Dtalkingtech 

When you simply turn off the group for the checkered squares, it looks like this:

janee_0-1678549690670.png

Here I have drawn a new background rectangle with one of the two colors. Try other colors.

janee_1-1678549837818.png

Here the selected rectangle is a light gray with a 63% opacity

janee_3-1678549953498.png

This rectangle has no fill or stroke. I'm not sure why it is there.

janee_4-1678550065942.png

Inside the clipping group is the core info. At the top is the rectangle (underlined) that everything else in the clipping group is clipped into. Each path that I lo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Illustrator forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dtalkingtech 

Open the Layers panel in Illustrator. You will see the object (probably a group) with the checkered boxes. Hide or delete it, then draw a rectangle with a solid color background and put it at the bottom of the stack (probably in the same location where the boxes were.)

If you have questions or need better details, expand your layers and show a screenshot of your Layers panel, not just the image. Resize it taller and wider so we can see all of it

If you got the image from Adobe Stock you can give us the number and we can look at it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Jane - this one has me stumped. I tired looking in the layers...but as you can see, there are 100's of layers. I can't find which is the correct one to turn off...this is your image no 204383929

cheers

d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dtalkingtech 

Hi

In your first screenshot those are the layers. In the 2nd and 3rd, those are the checkered squares in the group. Click the eyeball to hide the group (or you can delete the group of checkered squares.)

janee_0-1678545771996.png

janee_0-1678545977376.png

Note that the group of checkered squares is made up of two shades of dark squares. What I've found in working with these images is that blending modes have been applied to the image itself that make the flare only work on a dark background. When you select a solid color, you might start with one of those two shades to see that it works, then try other colors. If you try to put the image on a pale background, it is likely to fail. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you - that kind of works.  I did give you the Adobe Stock ref - its 204383929. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dtalkingtech 

When you simply turn off the group for the checkered squares, it looks like this:

janee_0-1678549690670.png

Here I have drawn a new background rectangle with one of the two colors. Try other colors.

janee_1-1678549837818.png

Here the selected rectangle is a light gray with a 63% opacity

janee_3-1678549953498.png

This rectangle has no fill or stroke. I'm not sure why it is there.

janee_4-1678550065942.png

Inside the clipping group is the core info. At the top is the rectangle (underlined) that everything else in the clipping group is clipped into. Each path that I looked at was set to the Screen blending mode with varying opacities. This one is 43%. It's probably best to leave this clipping group alone for your purposes.

janee_5-1678550329854.png

Do you have other questions or does this help?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Jane - thats great - really appreciate it

d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome @Dtalkingtech ðŸ˜Š

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a video about this kind of files: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiqm5hdQA5A

Due to stock companies' ancient file requirements, clip arts with glow effects might be a daunting experience. About this channel: My name is Monika Gause and on this channel I'll be showing tipps and tricks on Adobe Illustrator and other graphics applications. For more than 10 years I've been ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for this Monika - a fellow YouTuber!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines