• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.aid file disappeared when trying to open

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator recently crashed on me so I navigated to the correct data recovery folder but when I went to open the file it crashed illustrator again and the .aid file disappeared on me. Is there anything else I can do to recover the file or find the missing .aid file?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @rebekahu45337177,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://adobe.ly/3I6I7Lx) and checking if it helps? If the problem persists, kindly share the file (https://adobe.ly/3I9kcLi) so we can check it on our end.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. I already navigated to the data recovery folder, opened it, and upon opening Illustrator crashed again and deleted the .aid file. Therefore I cannot show a file since I cannot find the file. I was wondering if there were any solutions to get the file back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @rebekahu45337177,

Thank you for providing the information. Unfortunately, if the AID file is lost and Illustrator cannot recover your project, the files cannot be retrieved. I acknowledge that this situation may not be ideal. To avoid such issues in the future, please consider actively saving multiple copies of your work.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or require assistance. We're here to assist you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue now, my windows PC has been updated, with unsaved Illustrator files, in the meantime Illustrator has updated too, so when I opened Illustrator it didn't recover the files I went to the recovery folder and tried to open an aid file and the program opened to the home page and the file disappeared, I copied the other files and tried several times but they all disappeared, I still have most of the aid files, what could I do not to lose these files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever you leave your computer, save your files first.

When you leave work, close your files. Never leave anything open when you are not there. Let alone leave it unsaved. 

No application will reliably magically save your stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, in general, you're right, but in fact, I haven't done so, and those files are here just what could be the cause for them not to open and disappear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @A30174012abpa

We apologize for any inconvenience. Could you please share the file with us? You can upload it to a service like Creative Cloud or Dropbox and then share the download link. If the file contains confidential information, you can send it via DM.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, what do you mean by DM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for confusing you. DM means Direct (Private) message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the attached, I have tried to open it on another computer, and
it did open correctly (here I am using Illustrator Beta, and on the other
Illustrator 24)

Kind regards

[personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @A30174012abpa,

It seems the file did not come through in the attachment. Would you mind sharing a public link to a sample file after uploading it to Dropbox/Google Drive/etc., so we can check it on our end?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link to .aid file 

Another interesting thing, maybe it is interconnected, I have opened several files and noticed that no new files were created in the DataRecovery folder, I checked my settings and folder all was right, but then Illustrator crashed, and when I opened Illustrator again (with the file in the link above) it recovered successfully all documents I had open today, but this one not and it disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @A30174012abpa,

Thank you for sharing the file with us. Despite attempting to recover from the file, regrettably, there was nothing left to salvage. We understand this may not be the ideal outcome, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Could you confirm if the file was saved on a network, removable drive, or a cloud-synced folder like Google Drive or Dropbox? Storing files in such locations can sometimes lead to corruption issues. To prevent this from happening in the future, we recommend saving your work locally first and then manually copying it to your desired backup location.

Additionally, were you experiencing crashes in Illustrator when this issue occurred? If so, we suggest trying the troubleshooting steps outlined in this help article (https://adobe.ly/3XZWzho) to see if it resolves the problem.

To avoid similar situations in the future, we advise saving multiple copies of your active work locally or saving them as cloud documents.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or need assistance. We're here to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No this file was saved locally, and as I wrote earlier in this conversation I have successfully opened this .aid file on another PC, something must be wrong with this version of Illustrator or so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines