Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Align tool aligns randomly

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

So I have a really annoying issue with Illustrator right now. I received a file to work with and I am trying to align things evenly distributed but the spaces are not even. The Behavior is so random and so strange... If I want to align things to the left, bottom, top or right all the selected objects get aligned to the corner of the work board. Not even the art board but the work board. 

Opening an older file it works normally. Its just with this new file that there is something really off. 

I don't know if there are presettings or settings genereally for the alignment tool but its really annoying..

The alignment tool is set to align by selection although I treid all of those and nothing works!

Hope somebody can help me with that!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well turns out there where two invisible lines in the file I received which always got selected too without being shown. I just found out by copying objects into another file because then they got shown. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next time something strange like this happens, open the Layers panel to see if there are extra items selected.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also go to the View > Outline menu to see all objects, even if they have a fill/stroke of none.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines