• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to stop the "Generative AI" prompt from popping up?

Participant ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: since it seems this might legitimately be a bug, I recommend seeing see my latest post on this thread for a Uservoice request someone else has created. If you're still experiencing this issue, please go to the Illustrator Uservoice forum and upvote/support that post.

I'm guessing this is just a bug or an inescapable prompt with the new program updates, but in the off chance ... Is there any way to get this "Generative AI, now in Illustrator!" to permanently go away? I've run through it with the "Go!" option multiple times, and I've even fiddled around with generating stuff, but it still shows up multiple times a day as if I haven't. It keeps popping up over parts of files I'm working on and interrupting me. I think it's been 3-5 times today alone. Resetting preferences (or not resetting them) makes no difference. I'm using Illustrator 28.0.

Illsutrator stoooooooop.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite sure if it helps, but you may try to disable the "Show Rich Quick Infos" option in the general section of the application preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply - I did have tool tips disabled. I can try enabling/disabling again to see if that helps. Sometimes my preferences do turn on rich tool tips even when the normal Show Tool Tips is off, and I can't alter it without enabling them overall first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have confirmed that adjusting Tool Tips does not affect this. Normal Tool Tips and Rich Tool Tips are both off, and it interrupted again today after several minutes working in the program, inconventiently right under my cursor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredibly annoying and no amount of adjusting preferences makes it go away. Adobe, please stop spamming your PAYING users with ads for features they never asked for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A thousand times this. I am SO tired of in-app ads interrupting my workflow. If I want to know about new features, it's not while I'm working on something else. I go to YouTube for that. Every time I get interrupted with some Clippy-esque prompt to try some new feature (while still dealing with performance and quality of life bugs that are decades old) it makes me want to throw my computer across the room. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! THIS! 
Adobe, do not commodify paying users and spam them with ads. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Niet beschikbaar  schrieb:

YES! THIS! 
Adobe, do not commodify paying users and spam them with ads. 

Did you already update to the current version ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO. Obviously. Nor do I want to. Christ on a bike! every time I do I have to upgrade the OS or I am losing features that I like because some tool at adobe deems that it belongs in a different app.  e.g. the 3D tools that were in the last few itterations of Photoshop. F adobe. Extortion artists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upvote this bug report, if it seems like the same problem:
https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447/suggestions/47366600

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I believe I did already upvote that post; looks like this is giving a lot of people trouble! However, it seems their complaint is different than mine, just for the same AI Generator prompt. While they mention that the prompt does not permanently go away, their issue is that it locks up their File - Open options on their Mac. My complaint is about the prompt itself reocurring multiple times a day, usually right under my cursor and interrupting my workflow. Since I am on Windows 10, I do not have a Mac to see if I can replicate the problem this user is facing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I got it to turn off by unchecking, "Enable Content Aware Defaults" from the settings-general preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will only turn off default cropping of images, default freeform gradient stops, default puppet warp handles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled "Show Rich Quick Infos" and "Show Tool Tips" and "Enable Content Aware Defaults" then restarted Illustrator. The pop up is finally gone. I hope it stays that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is quite annoying and i too want this gone. I've "tried it out" and it still pops up, mostly when using the move tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @howlaman,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. We are here to help and would like to suggest trying to reset Illustrator's preferences as described in this article (https://adobe.ly/3SpJTgY).
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may save a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article. 

If you don't mind, could you please follow the steps and share your observations with us? We appreciate your time and effort in helping us resolve this issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - Resetting preferences does not make any difference to this, as stated in my initial post. If anything, it shows up more frequently after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@howlaman  schrieb:

Hello - Resetting preferences does not make any difference to this, as stated in my initial post. If anything, it shows up more frequently after that.

Try and deactivate the "Content Aware Features" in Preferences > General

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This unfortunately does not stop it, nor does disabling Tool Tips or any of the other preference options I've seen suggested/working for other people on here so far. I am fortunately not having this issue as frequently as I used to (it was showing up about 7-9 times per workday originally), but I am still having it pop up unbidden from time to time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is extremely annoying. I try always to avoid such advertisements which have nothing to do with what I am doing. It just steals my time, like now. Take such things away right now or yesterday! I try to make a living, and if I want to dig into the AI stuff, I will do it at the time I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another reason I've begun migrating a lot of my work to the Affinity apps is because of stupid responses like this one from an Adobe employee. They aren't even trained to listen or read. Only react.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or given the subject matter, perhaps it's not even a person, but an AI chat bot. I had a similar conversation on Twitter, and I finally had to say: "I don't know how I can say this any clearer, resetting preferences does nothing except make the pop-up box come up more. I've done all of the steps it still does not work." at first I thought it might be a bug but since no one at Adobe seems to be giving the indication that it's something they're working on I'm going to guess it's an advertisement that we can't make go away. It's like getting commercials for the television show you're already watching.

Adobe, do better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, photoshop is buggy enough without pouring more rubbish into users faces. I'm trying to work! I've been working on Affinity and learning as I go whenever I can, its a learning curve but probably worth it in the end to escape the inconsistency of  photoshop, and affinity works on ipad! Adobe management has ruined what use to be a great program.

They could learn a lot from the old saying 'if ti aint broke don't fix it'!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this nagging pop up. It is intrupting my work. Clicking "try it later" does not solve it. It comes back after reopening Illustrator and using some tools, like the shape tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just so annoying, Adobe: STOP IT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines