• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to turn off all 'handy' popup tips for all products in one go?

Participant ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't for the life of me figure out how to stop these insanely annoying popup 'tips' every time i select a tool i haven't used in a while. There seems to be a different way to turn these off for each product, turning some options off doesn't always work and its really starting to bug the hell out of me. In illustrator for example I've unchecked the tool tips option in preferences, but I still get these massive intrusive buggers that disrupt my workflow!I 've been using Adobe software for over a decade and i really don't need to be told how to use the crop tool.

Is there a way, hacky or not, to remove all of these at once for all products??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After an update you will see those popups that remind you of new functions.

You will see them once. And when you close them, they're gone until the next update.

If you see them more than once that usually points to issues with your preferences file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, You womn't see them once. I am getting them repeatedly. And they cover my panels and will not respond to attempts to close them. The only thing I can do is move my window around to acvoid them. They are driving me nuts and I also can't get the "contact us" button to work on the website to address this problem. What I have now is deal with my workspace annoyingly blocked or restart. Then, guess what, they pop up again. This needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thom,

Monika is right, once you close them, they should not appear again. If they show up again, then please upvote this issue here: Feature Tours and Tips pop up windows keep showing up even after selecting "Skip Tours" – Adobe Illu... and stay tuned for the updates.

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only highlight my point here - 'they should not appear again' however clearly they do, as you're pointing me to another topic where other people are having the same issue. Nightmare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe employee: What you say is happening is not happening. 

User: But it is happening

Adobe employee: No. It's not. But if it were happening, here's where you could go to find other people to whom it is not happening.

User: This is why everyone hates Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously that isn't a solution that you pointed to. The same issue is apparent in Illustrator as well. Please don't link us to articles that are functionally identical to each other; please tell us instead how to disable these unwanted and unasked-for intrusions, or tell us what steps Adobe is taking to fix this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines